[REL] Kick Like a Girl (2008) USA [25 mins]

Any documentaries about children can go here.
kev
Site Admin

[REL] Kick Like a Girl (2008) USA [25 mins]

Post by kev »   16 likes

imdb link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1263689/

I stumbled across this documentary about a little girls soccer team totally by accident; to the point that NOW I can't even remember HOW I 'stumbled' across it.. :icon_biggrin2

Synopsis:
Official Website wrote:Kick Like A Girl is the story of what happens when “The Mighty Cheetahs”, an undefeated third grade girls soccer team competes in the boys division.

With humor and honesty this documentary reveals the reality of the boy-girl issues and what "Kick Like A Girl" really means on and off the playing field.

The film is narrated by 8 year old Lizzie, a self described soccer girl, who doesn't let juvenile diabetes, elbow blocks or grass stains interfere with her desire to compete.

Refreshing and triumphant, Kick Like A Girl reminds us all of the lessons learned in competitive athletics and how sports has been one of the most effective instruments of social change in our lifetime.
Pix [from THIS rip]:
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

Disk and Cover Art:
[Image]
[Image]

Official Site:
http://www.kicklikeagirlmovie.com/

ed2k link 'Kick Like a Girl' (25mins):
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.08 Gb]

ed2k link 'Our NYC Kickoff' (14mins):
Like this post to see ed2k links  [418.16 Mb]

I have no earthly idea how AutoGK came up with a 1GB file from a 25 min film.. :eyecrazy It only made the extra feature 'Our NYC Kickoff' 418MB's.. :think

Whatever the case, there are 11 other little clips, shorts [around 2 to 5 mins each] on the DVD that are interviews with the parents and children that are pretty cute, ESPECIALLY some of the footage of the girls everyday life.. If there is any interest I'd be glad to rip and post each of them.

Better yet if members would like the VOB files, I can RAR or Zip them and post the entire DVD. It runs about 4.19GB's.

Pretty much family oriented, I found there were many cute moments in this documentary and fell in love with EACH of the girls! :heart

Everything set to 'Power Share' on both my DreaMule machines! Hopefully folks should have plenty of access to the files!

kev.
FLL

Re: [REL] Kick Like a Girl (2008) USA [25 mins]

Post by FLL »   0 likes

thanks kev! Looks cool. I tend to gravitate towards documentaries, myself.

The file size depends on what you told agk to do... if you asked for a 2CD-sized rip, then it tried and made it the best quality it could but there just wasn't enough detail to get all the way to the full size. If you asked for a given quality %, then that's just how much space it took. We are used to equating filesize to running time but it's not that simple, what we are used to are just typical averages. The more detail, the more motion, the more visual "noise" then the more file space it needs to for a given quality setting. Soccer means motion, plus documentaries sometimes run into compression problems because of how they are photographed (often with a handheld).

I'd be interested in the vobs, but only after what you've posted is fully seeded.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

FLL beat me to it..........this looks like something that would be nice to have as a DVDR, especially as it isn't exactly easy to find.
Obviously, in your own time kev.......
And thanks for spending money & time bringing this to us! :clap

lb

Post by Guest »   0 likes

kev, could you please reshare for kj :)
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

I haven't watched it, but I seem to have the files, so I can help if needed.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   13 likes

willow wrote:kev, could you please reshare for kj :)
:think

kj and I talked about this a couple of weeks ago and I finally tracked the files down for 'Kick Like a Girl' and 'Our NYC Kickoff' and put them in my share folder. I've been sharing them out for about a week and a half, although I haven't been running eMule in the last couple of days while I've been working on other stuff..

During the week days I shut my PC down when I go off to work; so eMule's offline from 8:45AM until around 8:45PM [EST US].

I've got everything on now and I'll go ahead and leave it running all day tomorrow. I'm powersharing out on kad and the TV Underground No.1 server.

Hope it helps. (I'll PM kj and let him know too... :) )

Thanks for the heads up, willow.

kev.

ALSO:
This was [sorta] requested by loverboy:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.75 Gb]

It's the full DVD... 3.75 GB's... Weekends will be the best time to find me online for 24 hours at a time.. ;)

All files set to Powershare. :thumbsup

kev.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   3 likes

BUMP for the VOB rip...

kev.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

Thanks, got it :bigups
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   0 likes

This was a really cute movie. If you like this one, check out Girls Rock!. It also reminded me of Summercamp, another really cute documentary.