[REL] Petits Freres (1999)

ARTHORIUS

[REL] Petits Freres (1999)

Post by ARTHORIUS »   26 likes

How do you think about this one?

A classical french movie, Directed by J. Doillon

The latest film by one of France's greatest contemporary cultural assets is usually an event to be celebrated. Unfortunately this rag-bag of street cred and cliché is the only disappointing Doillon film that I can remember.

A girl running away from a paedophile stepfather encounters a bunch of foul-mouthed street kids in a downbeat housing estates.

Certainly Doillon's unique rapport with children is there, but no structure, no style, no distance and definitely no irony. After 'Ponette' and 'Le Petit Criminel', to name just two recent, magical 'films d'enfance', and a dazzling career this must surely just be an aberration.

The resulting film seems to suggest that Doillon just gathered together a bunch of personable kids and said 'What film can we make?' the resulting story and script seems the product of juvenile sensibility of limited intelligence rather than one of the finest directors of our age

[Image]

[Image][Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

Here it is...FR lang, no subs DVD RIP

Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.54 Mb]

This is the last for today, enjoy from your neighbor ART :thumbsup
FLL

Re: [REL] PETITS FRERES (1999)

Post by FLL »   0 likes

http://imdb.com/title/tt0184819/

Thanks, Art, though the comment you picked was pretty funny in how much it attacked this film.

Oddly enough I was watching the start of this very movie just the day before yesterday, to decide whether I should release it here... decided I would wait until I got subs to finish watching it. Since this DVD has been released in the U.S. subbed, I am in the process of getting them, I'll put them here when I do.
goku33

Re: [REL] Petits Freres (1999)

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Pushing this up. Anyone seen it? I couldn’t find an entry on SensitiveContent
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

No, I have not seen it.

Supposedly French audio, English subtitle SD WEB here:
https://ulozto.net/file/1fg28ACK7FOa/pe ... EDMQZ5MN==

IMDB synopisis:
Talia runs away from home taking her beloved dog with her. When her dog is stolen Talia enlists the help of a gang of boys to help her find her pet.
DreamScape

Post by DreamScape »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:22 pm Supposedly French audio, English subtitle SD WEB here:
In case it doesn't have subtitles, I uploaded the ones I created last year
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... rothers-en
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Thank you! It turns out the ulozto specs are accurate, but the internal subtitles in it are Timed Text (tx3g), which can be a problem for some players.

DreamScape's English subtitles resynced for the Ulozto file:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.