[REL] Bluebird (2004)

Rich

[REL] Bluebird (2004)

Post by Rich »   0 likes

Bluebird (2004)

[Image]
This is a TV movie out of the Netherlands about the psychological effects of Bullying. What makes this film so good is how understated and underplay the whole affair is. Any hint of melodrama or movie-of-the-week simplicity is left at the door. When this young 12 year old girl begins to be picked on by her classmates the fear is real.

The way it affects her grades, her relationships at home and her extracirrular activies is a real as real can be. I dare you not to relate to this movie. That is all there is to it. It has a better than brilliant performance from first time actress Elske Rotteveel. It's one misstep is the addition of a limbless brother.

While again it dances around the pitfalls of cliche regarding his presence in the movie, it pushes the heroine closer to the divine when it wasn't necessary. If you ever get the chance to see this, it is a quiet little gem.
Can anyone find a trailor for this one?

thanks ;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0159290/
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Bluebird (2004)

Post by kev »   25 likes

Rich wrote:Bluebird (2004)

[Image]
This is a TV movie out of the Netherlands about the psychological effects of Bullying. What makes this film so good is how understated and underplay the whole affair is. Any hint of melodrama or movie-of-the-week simplicity is left at the door. When this young 12 year old girl begins to be picked on by her classmates the fear is real.

The way it affects her grades, her relationships at home and her extracirrular activies is a real as real can be. I dare you not to relate to this movie. That is all there is to it. It has a better than brilliant performance from first time actress Elske Rotteveel. It's one misstep is the addition of a limbless brother.

While again it dances around the pitfalls of cliche regarding his presence in the movie, it pushes the heroine closer to the divine when it wasn't necessary. If you ever get the chance to see this, it is a quiet little gem.
Can anyone find a trailor for this one?

thanks ;)
Well; sorry Rich, I don't have a trailer, but I DO have the movie!! :)

Like this post to see ed2k links  [625.62 Mb]

Now Ladies and Gents, I have passed a milestone [not NEAR as bad as 'passing a gallstone'; but it WAS a tad painful! lol] with this posting: THIS is my FIRST bonafied 'Rip'.

It needs some work; you'll notice that it's ripped in 'Fullscreen' whereas the movie is 'Widescreen' so it has that 'compressed' look. I'll figure out how to remedy that before my next rip.

I'll try to get some subtitles up soon, too. (Don't let it fool you; though the opening song and the first spoken words are in English, most of the movie is in Dutch...)

My first little baby... I'm kinda proud... :bigups

kev.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   31 likes

kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   19 likes

LOl!

Well I was kinda surprised that it HADN'T shown up here earlier, as it's been out on DVD for awhile now. I've had it since about October or November, it seems...

Anyway, coolio subs. And at 960MB's should be VERY NICE resolution!

kev.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   24 likes

pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   59 likes

This movie looks pretty good. The main girl, who you get to see from the very beginning, has a lot of spunk and I like it!

I found this on emule while searching around a while ago. It likely comes from ghost. Sharing it here for anyone interested, it is of very nice quality. Hope that's ok, ghost!

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.80 Gb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [35.1 Kb]