[REL] Infernal (2015)

starfish21

[REL] Infernal (2015)

Post by starfish21 »   11 likes

Infernal(2015)-USA

[Image]

A happy young couple welcomes their first child shortly after getting married. Their joy quickly turns to fear when the girl starts acting strangely and unexplained phenomena start happening around the house.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3991052

trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llehmknoJw8

[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [875.63 Mb]
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL]INFERNAL(2015)-USA

Post by kev »   6 likes

Thanks starfish, she's a cutie!! :heart

I got this DVD a week or so ago and was sooo excited that I popped it into my PC and ripped it immediately..

Then I popped it into my DVD player watched it.. :(

For a movie about a child that's been chosen by ol' beealzebulb hisself [for whatever reason that's never explained as the only 'hell-on-earth' she wreaks is on her parents] she has virtually no dominate screentime. She's in probably 40% of the film and most of THAT sceen time she's a secondary character [in the background].

That aside, I'm done with the 'found footage' genre of film-making. It's become a cheap, easy way to make movies and explain off the absolutely horrid camera angles as 'oh, it's hand-held'.

It doesn't make things more realistic, and the most annoying factor [besides the nausea-inducing jerky camera movements] is when your actors keep acknowledging they are on camera.. (Not to mention the times when it goes 'logically' off course and is filming a scene with the camera following along when there's no way another character could be holding the camera.)

Anyway.. The girl that plays Imogene is totally cute! ( Alyssa Koerner) It's too bad she comes across as more 'annoying' than 'creepy' and she only has [maybe] 15 lines in the whole film, most of those coming at the end.

I also ripped a couple of 'making of' extras where she has more screentime, as well as getting a better [brighter] view of her 'naughty' scene. (Sorry, not OT, just gory.. :D) I'll go ahead and post those as soon as I get my PC fired up. (I'm visiting my parents house for a week to celebrate a memorial to my dad who passed May 31st..)

Thanks again starfish for bringing this to FLM.

kev.
EDIT:
Got my PC fired up. :)

Here's the links:
Behind-the-scenes Clips:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [749.52 Mb]
Behind-the-scenes 'Bashin' practice':
Like this post to see ed2k links  [28.81 Mb]

They're set to 'Power Share' so they should load quickly.

kev.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Infernal (2015)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Sometimes I think Hollyweird has forgotten how to make decent movies. If it's not a unneeded remake of a classic, it's a by-the-numbers film where you know what's going to happen next because whatever genre it is has always done it that way. After seeing your remarks, kev, I thought twice about downloading this, but I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. ;)

Thanks, starfish, for bringing this here, and thanks, kev, for the extras.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:...After seeing your remarks, kev, I thought twice about downloading this...
DAMN!!

Understand, I was NOT trying to dis-respect starfish's post: I was worried that this might happen, but I felt I had to be honest about the movie. AND, after all, one man's turkey is another man's bald eagle. :D

I've found that movies I've not been real excited about for whatever personal reasons, have had praises rained down on them by other members. With this particular movie, if given a 'do-over' I'd pass on purchasing the DVD**. Alyssa Koerner is REALLY cute and might one day develop into some semblance of an actress [ :lol: ], but the total of 15 minutes that she's on screen isn't worth the price. D/loading the file is a different matter.

The only expense you put out there is the time it takes to d/load and the space it takes up on your HD. If you determine you're not interested, a simple 'Delete' gets your space back. :) The time incurred however, is gone forever.... ;)

(**This is probably my MAIN gripe against this movie: I purchased the DVD knowing nothing about the movie except the cool cover art. I usually have good luck with impulsive purchases like this and sometimes happen across hidden gems. 'twas NOT the case here... :( Hence my aggravation. )

I'd advise members to d/load and make your own decisions. :D (The short behind-the-scenes clip 'Bashin' practice' is pretty fun.. )

kev.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I didn't see it as disrespect for starfish's release. I haven't been a huge fan of U.S. films for a long time plus my download speed is pretty bad - that's why I almost didn't grab this. I don't pay attention overmuch about other people's film opinions - lots of times the ones I like are panned and the ones I don't are praised. YMMV. ;)
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

I never thought for a second,you were dissing me Kev,i agree with your comments entirely,unoriginal and unremarkable is a way i'd describe it,i didn't even watch it,i picked up the story while scanning for screencaps(only 6) It was pretty quiet for a while.