For the new year.....

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.
starfish21

Re: For the new year.....

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

Personally,if there wasn't another short posted here.....ever again,i wouldn't give a hoot,when i log on to find loads of new shorts i always mark all posts as old,way far too many are posted here,same with music vids,there are hundreds of these made in a week,are we getting them all?
donkeykog

Post by donkeykog »   1 likes

I don't really think negativity is necessary. What you come here for, what I, and other members come here for are equally valid. In a year and a half, I can count the number of films I have gotten from here on one hand. But I have filled up 4gb on shorts and mv and documentaries.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   2 likes

I like shorts, because nowadays I rarely have time to watch full-length movies, let alone TV series! I also like music videos, particularly FLM-themed music videos made by adults. Most of the kids' stuff (except BABYMETAL) is IMO rather terrible. Watched Sonya Lapshakova the other day. Geez, even the nip slip didn't help :wall

There are some great alternative rock bands in Russia (and other countries as well). I don't understand why all kids want to do the mainstream crap.
donkeykog

Mimzy, totally :D Thats why I love shorts too. Not too much time invested. And as you know, as a "HUGE Kiss fan", I wish there were more music videos by kids that delved into other areas. Most is pop.

But where are all those people, that when I was dissing on "Believe" for bad script and acting, said "who cares, were here for the eye-candy=Johnny Sequoyah"? I post primarily that, as that is mainly what I have to work with.

And I appreciate those that add "Adult" music vids with kids in them. It had never been my focus so, I am not so connected in finding them. I will try to look harder for them.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   1 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote: How it's done now works with minimum fuss. We have enough forums - adding more isn't beneficial.

I agree and from my perspective more fuss wanted equates to someone having way too much time on their hands that most of us do not have. Phuzzy has real life to deal with, no need to add work that serves little if any benefit to the majority of us.
donkeykog

more fuss wanted equates to someone having way too much time on their hands that most of us do not have
PTG, I have not made a jab at you. Are you saying I have too much time on my hands? Unfortunately, I am going to let this drop. Its always the same few people that respond together, not a majority of members. A few of you that dislike the music vids are vocal and the ones that do like them and download, don't speak up. I am done being the only voice and tired of the negativity. This is why members do not speak up. Only a few people count here. Hmmm...I wonder where loverboy would stand?
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   1 likes

You can take it as a jab if you want to. To be honest I was giving more thought to Phuzzy than to you. It is obvious that he would have to do some unnecessary work/site change to accommodate your request and is not looking forward to doing it. ;)

As to the music videos as I have stated before I like them just don't see the point other than for reference being here considering they are streamed at any given time on youtube/vimeo. Also anyone who uses Mozilla can goto add-ons and easily download them. I appreciate your enthusiasm for this site, we could use more people like you but we have gone through this whole changing of the site too many times already. Tweeking should be minimal. If Phuzzy is OK with doing changes that is his prerogative. He did ask for opinions and I have given mine. I am Ok with the way it is including the music video section.

donkeykog

Thanks PTG I appreciate that. I was taking it as a jab cause I do spend a lot of time on my posts. I do realize that Phuzz works which is why I tried to be helpful and offer my help to locate all the tv series if we were going to do a section, which would of required me going into every country and finding every tv show and I would have copied the link and what country, in both req and rel so it was just a matter of moving them for Phuzzy.

Phuzzy asked for comments from the other two admin and members before he made a decision, but he kinda made it himself with obvious venom towards music videos saying they were not film, but they do have directors, cinematographers, choreographers, lighting, makeup etc. and receive awards. This in combination with Starfishes comment, and what I thought was a jab from you makes it dificult. I spend hours on many of my posts to make them look amazing as do others like FAA. Do you know he spent like 10 hours on the BabyMetal post? That was in one post one sitting, who know how much time since then. I usually spend 45 min to 2 hours on a brand new post. There are many members that do feel that mv's are a important part of FLM, unfortunately they are not the vocal ones. :( But me, I can't keep my damn mouth shut :lol:

I figured the changes I was asking for in docs and mvs was minimal.
I understood that the tv thing was not.

I do appreciate all Phuzzy, Mimzys and Kevs work.

And thanks for explaining that PTG :D And I did not know that about Mozzilla I use Opera, I may consider changing if it dl's 1080.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Whenever we talk about making changes, someone usually takes offense at someone else's comments, and the same few people respond because they're the ones who actively participate. It's just human nature.

This would be no hour-long job, it's more like days, and we'll miss stuff, just like we're still finding misplaced short films even after all these months. Frankly, I think any benefit is just not worth the effort. I'm not saying "no way", I'm saying "I'm listening but I don't think the current setup is broken".

Another concern I have is the database getting corrupted. I'm sure the old-timers remember the problems. If you see threads with [RREL] it means the original posts got lost and were Re-Released. Making big changes increases the risk of something going wrong. It's probably less likely now, especially since we make backups every week, but the phpBB program has quirks. Mimzy can probably fix anything that goes wrong, but he's got a life too.

Anyway, there's no rush to making a decision. ;)
donkeykog

Thanks Phuzzy, I appreciate the explanation and do hope we can re-visit it at some time. That felt like a much more positive communication, it was nice. Thank you :D