[REL] Vi är bäst! - We Are the Best - 2013

vidman49

[REL] Vi är bäst! - We Are the Best - 2013

Post by vidman49 »   32 likes

We are the Best is about three 12 and 13-year-old girls who decide to form a punk band in 1982 Stockholm.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2364975/

I haven't watched it yet but I scanned through it and it looks pretty good.

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

No English subs found yet. The subtitles are Swedish only.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.76 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [89.6 Kb]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Vi är bäst! - We Are the Best - 2013

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

:thumbsup
vidman49

Post by vidman49 »   24 likes

pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   16 likes

Though I have not yet watched it, I think this movie looks great! It's one that got my attention quite some years ago and I happened to have a 720p bluray rip available. Only Swedish and Finnish subs, I haven't yet checked to see if vidman's subs work, but I'm sure we can figure it out.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [4.99 Gb]

edit: And I think I got them. I still have yet to test them but it's a good lead. Downloaded from opensubs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

This movie is great! I particular appreciated a return to a more positive story for Lukas Moodysson after several years of directing sometimes excellent but very depressing movies.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

lol this is a Moodysson film?! So much gets by me. Guess that's what I get for not watching my collections. You bring up a good point, Moodysson movies are often great but depressing. You've mentioned enjoying when those that threaten well-being of the little ones getting harsh payback. With films like Lilja 4-ever (and others like Anjos do sol by other directors), this never happens, and they are soul-crushing!

Just thinking about it, I think this one should be watched soon.
Night457
Global Moderator

His first 2 films ("Fucking Åmål" & "Tillsammans") acknowledged that childhood can be rough but were ultimately "feel good" movies, and successful as a result. He then said OH HELL NO! at the revolting thought of being pegged as a predictably feel-good filmmaker and followed them up with "Lilja 4-Ever." Ouch. That one is pretty rough, although a terrific movie. Difficult and depressing films followed. With "We Are the Best," the media celebrated it as a "return to form." I had watched his films pretty much in order of release, so I celebrated too. I was ready for it.

Moodysson comments:
‘Sometimes you need to focus on the great things in life. I worked as a professor at a film school in Helsinki, and set my students a task to make a short film about the idea that life is shit but can also be fantastic. A lot of movies say that everything is either terrible or great. But to find both, sadness and strength, vulnerability and energy, that’s what I’ve always tried to do.’
https://www.timeout.com/film/how-to-mak ... good-movie

I think it is boring to do the same kind of movie all the time, so if he remains unpredictable that is OK with me.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Nice insight into the Moodysson thought process. I'm glad he's thinking this way, to encourage film to be downers but also uplifting. Fucking Åmål is one of the films I am MOST looking forward to! Have not seen it yet, despite it looking like it would one of best ones for my tastes. A bad habit that came out of the idea that I'd save something for a rainy day or a better moment.
Night457
Global Moderator

"Fucking Åmål" is fucking awesome! I can get tired of movies if they pretend the world is all happiness, sunshine and snowflakes. They need to at least acknowledge that people can be real shits, without necessarily being complete villains who must be destroyed. But I can not stand unrelenting and hopeless depression and misanthropy either. Moodysson usually produces a good balance, leaning toward one end of the spectrum or the other depending on the film.

I will have to watch "Lilja" again to see how much I can see the sunshine and snowflakes.

In the meantime ...

"We are the Best" English subtitles slightly resynched for pillowbaker's video from the timing of the internal Swedish subtitles:
We.Are.The.Best.2013.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-PublicHD.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.