[REL] Never Take Sweets from a Stranger (1960)

loverboy

[REL] Never Take Sweets from a Stranger (1960)

Post by loverboy »   30 likes

AKA Never Take Candy from a Stranger

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054116/

[Image]

Jean Carter (Janina Faye), nine-year-old daughter of the town's newly-appointed school principal, Peter Carter (Patrick Allen) and his
wife Sally (Gwen Natford), is playing in the woods with her 11-year-old friend Lucille(Frances Green), when Jean discovers she has lost
her purse containing her "candy" money. Lucille tells her she knows where they can get sweets for nothing, and leads her to an imposing
mansion, from which the owner, Clarence Olderberry, Sr.(Felix Alymer), a tall, gaunt man of 70 has been watching the girls from a window.
That night Jean, unable to sleep, tells her parents that Oldeberry made her and Lucille dance before him nude in exchange for some candy.
Carter files a complaint, but the local police chief, Captain Hammond (Bud Nash), is skeptical of Jean's story and warns Carter that the
Oldenberry family put the town on the map and have far more standing in the community than the new-comer Carters. Oldenberry, Jr.
(Bill Nagy) also tells Carter that if he follows up on the complaint he may be certain that Oldenberry's lawyers will show Jean no mercy. In
the ensuing trial, the defense lawyers confuse Jean, make her an uncreditable witness, and Oldenberry is acquitted, after the enraged Carter
attacks him physically in court. While her parents are packing to leave town, Jean and Lucille again are playing in the woods, and are
approached by Oldenberry, and the two girls flee in blind panic. Reaching a desolate lake, they find an old rowboat and attempt to escape in it,
but the mooring rope is still attached to the shore. And Oldenberry is using it to pull the boat and the girls to him. (IMDB)

Choice of two here.........my re-encode with audio disturbance improved & video sharpened/cropped.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [724.56 Mb]

Original emule release, more sources but took six weeks to complete. Crappy audio & fuzzy video.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [701.98 Mb]

Enjoy!
emuler

Re: [REL] Never Take Candy From A Stranger (1960)

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Thanks, loverboy. I'll take your re-encodes over other links any day. :thumbsup
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

What a classic! Thanks lb.
katzenjammer

Post by katzenjammer »   1 likes

Wonder what this will make out to be. I'll go for it :)
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   22 likes

here's the correct title of this classic:
Never take sweets from a stranger!

It's the classic peadophile-boogieman narrative upon which we educate our children today. So yay!

nice quality checked version (although I think full HD will hit the scene soon):
Spoiler:

File: /Volumes/Glycorium/ALIPTES_IV/Never Take Sweets From A Stranger (1960).HD.mp4
Size: 1005.3 MB
Format: QuickTime/MPEG-4/Motion JPEG 2000 format
Stream count: 2
Duration: 01:21:10
Bit rate: 1731 kb/s
Meta info:
artist: Patrick Allen, Gwen Watford, Janina Faye, Felix Aylmer, Niall MacGinnis, Michael Gwynn, Alison Leggatt, Bill Nagy, MacDonald Parke, Estelle Brody, Robert Arden, Frances Green
gapless_playback: 0
synopsis: Peter Carter, his wife Sally and their young daughter Jean move to a sleepy Canadian village, where Peter has been hired as a school principal. Their idyll is shattered when Jean becomes the victim of an elderly, and extremely powerful, paedophile. The film was neither a box office nor a critical success, it garnered criticism for breaking a significant public taboo.
media_type: 9
minor_version: 512
title: Never Take Sweets from a Stranger
major_brand: isom
date: 1960-3-4T12:00:00Z
compatible_brands: isomiso2avc1mp41
hd_video: 1
artist: ALIPTES
creation_time: 2019-05-27 18:37:06
genre: Thriller

Stream 0
Type: video
Codec: h264
Codec profile: High
FourCC: avc1
Width: 1280
Height: 544
Sample aspect ratio: 1:1
Display aspect ratio: 40:17
Pixel format: yuv420p
Frame rate: 23.98 fps
Bit rate: 1500 kb/s
Meta info:
handler_name: Video Media Handler

Stream 1
Type: audio
Codec: aac
FourCC: mp4a
Bit rate: 224 kb/s
Sample rate: 48000 Hz
Sample format: s16
Channel: 1
Meta info:
handler_name: SoundHandler
language: eng
enjoy!
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1005.29 Mb]

Don't go quietly into the night.
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Never Take Sweets from a Stranger (1960)

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks for this upgrade, popdrome! :)

Title corrected.
Warg

Post by Warg »   1 likes

popdrome wrote:It's the classic peadophile-boogieman narrative upon which we educate our children today. So yay!
Don't forget they are responsible for global warming. I'd like to meet the guy though, who stole the childhood of Greta Thunberg ... ;) :lol:
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Warg wrote:Don't forget they are responsible for global warming. I'd like to meet the guy though, who stole the childhood of Greta Thunberg ... ;) :lol:
"Fxck you, Greta!" Her parents and puppeteers took it away. She's an actress (check IMDb) and can't speak about global warming without a script, as proven by the public event where she couldn't answer a journalist when he asked a simple question. I don't take scientific advice from high school sophomores.
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:"Fxck you, Greta!" Her parents and puppeteers took it away. She's an actress (check IMDb) and can't speak about global warming without a script, as proven by the public event where she couldn't answer a journalist when he asked a simple question. I don't take scientific advice from high school sophomores.
Well, the Beatles and ABBA made movies about themselves but I would refrain from calling them "actors" :lol:. She is simply a spoiled little narcist that loves to hear the lovely sound of her own voice and uses every opportunity to be present in media. Really pathetic are the people who think it politically correct to listen to her. Global warming was a theme long before her and she did not add anything to it - how could she anyway - let alone she would offer any solutions. Only aggressive blaming against each and everyone, even inviting pupils to break the law. Obviously some very powerful people are using her as a puppet and pull the strings behind the curtains. How else could one explain she's not arrested in any country she brings in disorder, declared a persona ingrata or at least sent back to Sweden for reason of protection of the youth ... :think
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Warg wrote:Well, the Beatles and ABBA made movies about themselves but I would refrain from calling them "actors" :lol:.
You mean you don't think the Beatles were real actors in Yellow Submarine and Help? :lol:

I shouldn't have interjected politics here - FLM is non-political, but since she has actual screen credits, she qualifies as an "actress", even if a very bad one. As she says, "shame on me". :lol: