[REL] Manbiki kazoku AKA Shoplifters (2018)

ghost
Site Admin

[REL] Manbiki kazoku AKA Shoplifters (2018)

Post by ghost »   29 likes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8075192/

[Image]
A family of small-time crooks take in a child they find outside in the cold.
A Japanese couple stuck with part-time jobs and hence inadequate incomes avail themselves of the fruits of shoplifting to make ends meet. They are not alone in this behaviour. The younger and the older of the household are in on the act. The unusual routine is about to change from care-free and matter-of-fact to something more dramatic, however, as the couple open their doors to a beleaguered young girl. The reasons for the family's habit and their motivations come under the microscope.
[Image]
[Image]

Some working links:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.52 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.33 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.51 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.90 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [7.69 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [4.54 Gb]

There are some more in eMule.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Manbiki kazoku AKA Shoplifters (2018)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Many thanks, ghost. :onfire
This is another film I found sometime back. I was wondering when it would pop up here. (It's actually one of the ones I was going to make a [REQ] thread for in the next few weeks, but you beat me to it..) :bigups

kev.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Thanks for all those links, ghost. Some really good selection there. I found this from Night's suggestion. I also appreciate what I've seen of Koreeda's work so far especially Nobody Knows, which I was captivated with! Am I understanding correctly, those that say V.O. mean voice-over and are likely dubbed? Not too worried since even many modern HD encodes often include original voice track.
Last edited by pillowbaker on Sat May 07, 2022 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I think you can safely assume the VO files are NOT dubbed. Because they have the Spanish title and:

In Spain, VOSE means "Version Original Subtitulada en Español"
or
"Original version subtitled in Spanish."
That one says Subs.Spa, which I would interpret to be soft subs but they could be hardsubs. It is hard to be certain.

VO means "Version Original." The original soundtrack, not dubbed.

Both are to differentiate them from the movies dubbed into Catalan (or Basque or Galician).

https://www.tripsavvy.com/english-langu ... in-1644414

Watch out for the one that says
中文简体.内嵌英字.弯弯字幕组
which is Chinese for "Simplified Chinese. Embedded English characters. Curved subtitle group."
It likely has hardcoded Chinese subtitles. (In addition to the hardcoded English.)

(I don't know what a curved or twisted subtitle group is!)

The one with this 小偷家族 is just the name of the movie in Chinese.
It likely also has Chinese subtitles, hard or soft.
I frequently see hardcoded Chinese subtitles and very rarely softcoded ones.

After 3 years no doubt there may be a different set of files emuling, so you may want to do an emule search if the wanted candidates are not active. I am pretty sure ghost is likely to be sharing one favored file and not the rest.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Good call, Night, and thanks once again for the file titling acumen. I suppose I coulda looked this one up myself. The 720p file encode by NTG is still well fairly well sourced!