[REL] Flaskepost fra Stillehavet (2014-2017) Norwegian TV Series

Any documentaries about children can go here.
kev
Site Admin

[REL] Flaskepost fra Stillehavet (2014-2017) Norwegian TV Series

Post by kev »   3 likes

Flaskepost fra Stillehavet (2014-2017) Norwegian TV Series

(I couldn't find a link at imdb, Rarefilmfinders or Lost Movies... :think)

As far as I can tell, it's a Norwegian Docu-Reality series about a family that moves from Norway to an Island off Australia's coast called Tikopia. The English translation of the title is 'Message in a Bottle'; a reference to the intro where one of the main child characters writes something then she stuffs the paper in a bottle and throws it into the ocean. It seems that the series is told from her point of view; at least that's how it seems from the first episode.. Each episode runs about 12 mins, so it's a quick watch. (I've noticed that there's a LOT of Norwegian series with REALLY short episodes, some only 3 mins long... :shock: )

There's native-style OT moments pretty much in each episode, both with the natives and the family that the series focuses on.

Pix: (All from just the first episode...)
[Image]
[Image]
[Image][Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image][Image]
[Image]

The 12 minute episodes [13 for both seasons] can be found here:
Season 1 - https://tv.nrk.no/serie/flaskepost-fra- ... t/sesong/1
Season 2 - https://tv.nrk.no/serie/flaskepost-fra- ... t/sesong/2

I was able to use Win-X YouTube Downloader to record all the episodes. I don't know if it's of any importance, but I'm also using a VPN with a Netherlands address. I'd put the series into the eMule stream myself, but I'm still dealing with connection issues..

Facebook links:
The series - https://www.facebook.com/FlaskepostFraS ... YVzW3Vfmwi
Many more pix - https://www.facebook.com/pg/FlaskepostF ... e_internal
A post in English by a person involved with the show - https://www.facebook.com/InfinityExpedi ... 748481297/

kev.
jonas

Re: [REQ] Flaskepost fra Stillehavet (2014-2017) Norwegian TV Series

Post by jonas »   0 likes

Last edited by jonas on Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Flaskepost fra Stillehavet (2014-2017) Norwegian TV Series

Post by ghost »   24 likes

kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

ghost wrote:I downloaded the first season a while ago and forgot to release it :o
Thanks, ghost! :thumbsup

Yeah, I found it sometime back and did the same thing. This quarantine has got me going back, checking old files... :think

kev.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Was there more than one season of this show (which was quite nice, by the way)? Episode 13 has the family leaving the island with a very emotional goodbye. All the Season 1 shows were dated 2014 so should we change that in the thread title?
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Was there more than one season of this show (which was quite nice, by the way)? Episode 13 has the family leaving the island with a very emotional goodbye.

I'm embarrassed to say that I've still only seen a few of the episodes and those I quick scanned. But according to the 'tv.nrk.no' site there IS a season 2:

https://tv.nrk.no/serie/flaskepost-fra- ... t/sesong/2
Phuzzy4242 wrote:All the Season 1 shows were dated 2014 so should we change that in the thread title?
Absolutely. I'll change that tonight. (I scanned the shows and didn't think to check the closing credits, where the films completion date is usually shown..) :oops:

Like I said, I haven't been able to find an imdb page on this series under any title, hence the only thing I had to go on were the dates given by tv.nrt.co. Here's what they said:

Tilgjengelig fra: 5. januar 2017 kl. 18:24
Tilgjengelig til: 29. februar 2024 kl. 23:59

Hmmm... I'm thinking now that maybe the '2017' date is when the series was uploaded to their site and maybe the SECOND date, 29. februar 2024, might possibly be when they're planning to pull it.. :think Dunno... :roll:

kev.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Actually there are 2 seasons.

In season 2 the family returns one more time and the girl is about 2 years older.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Lol...

In the first 7 seconds of the first episode i just noticed an editing hiccup: Ivi is sitting watching TV shirtless. The first shot sets this up, shooting her from the front. The very next shot is from behind her, over-the-shoulder showing what she's watching on TV, and LO: She's wearing a pink shirt/jacket!! That shot is followed quickly [anticipating that you were focused on the TV and didn't noticed her new article of clothing] with another front shot, NOW shirtless again, as she's wrapping her blanket around her arm. Then after a cut to her brother sleeping the camera comes back to her with a wider angle shot showing her, still shirtless, and her dad with her youngest sibling behind her. In that shot, if you notice, the pink shirt/jacket is on the floor beside her right knee, under another article of clothing. (I've encircled it, to help! :p )

[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

Nothing spectacular or life-changing, I just found that little snafu within the first few seconds of the first episode of the entire series rather amusing. :lol:

kev.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

kev wrote:Lol...

In the first 7 seconds of the first episode i just noticed an editing hiccup: Ivi is sitting watching TV shirtless. The first shot sets this up, shooting her from the front. The very next shot is from behind her, over-the-shoulder showing what she's watching on TV, and LO: She's wearing a pink shirt/jacket!! That shot is followed quickly [anticipating that you were focused on the TV and didn't noticed her new article of clothing] with another front shot as she's wrapping her blanket around her arm. Then after a cut to her brother sleeping the camera comes back to her with a wider angle shot showing her, still shirtless, and her dad with her youngest sibling behind her. In that shot, if you notice, the pink shirt/jacket is on the floor beside her right knee, under another article of clothing. (I've encircled it, to help! :p )

[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

Nothing spectacular or life-changing, I just found that little snafu within the first few seconds of the first episode of the entire series rather amusing. :lol:

kev.
I also realized and did not understand why this happens this was not any show where he follows the orders of a screenwriter it was a reality show where the protagonists or better the cameras go where the protagonists go LOL it shows where she was dressed it was recorded at another time of the day (I guess before bed) and where she is 'almost naked' she was watching another tv program (it was in the morning where she got out of bed) normally that kind of fails are very recurring in movies or tv series (you see a car but when the model is destroyed it changes to an older one LOL) I really liked this Reality format