[REL] In the past we used to chase the 'White Man' ..." [2019] [Germany]

Any documentaries about children can go here.
Warg

[REL] In the past we used to chase the 'White Man' ..." [2019] [Germany]

Post by Warg »   0 likes

And again it's the poor Old White Man ... :lol:

I found two documentaries about remote tribes in Oceania. They are not officially released so I can not place them under documentaries - but they are very professionally made and interesting in more than one way ;). So here they are ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5tJS91OqgA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R8qkfA-Da0

From the YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/novitarina1
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: "In the past we used two chase the 'White Man' ..."

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   105 likes

These look like more than home movies, maybe just parts of full length documentaries. Unless someone objects, I think they're good to go. The only info I found is that this is from the Netherlands but I could be mistaken.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [413.86 Mb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [684.29 Mb]
Sully23

Re: [REL] In the past we used to chase the 'White Man' ..." [2019] Netherlands

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Better than the naked and boring reality shows on Discovery channel

The white girl is the one who has the role seems a version of Tippi exploring tribes, and I'm sure is the daughter of the documentary filmmaker, as for the channel has few videos I expected more documentaries and expeditions
Warg

Re: "In the past we used two chase the 'White Man' ..."

Post by Warg »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote:The white girl is the one who has the role seems a version of Tippi exploring tribes, and I'm sure is the daughter of the documentary filmmaker
I thought exactly the same ... ;)
Phuzzy4242 wrote:These look like more than home movies, maybe just parts of full length documentaries.
Here they give a little information about themselves, though not much. I first thought the film maker was a professional ethnologist or missionary - but it seems he is not (rather a kind of a late born hippy maybe ;)) ...
https://kwaio.com/about/
Phuzzy4242 wrote:The only info I found is that this is from the Netherlands but I could be mistaken.
I thought the family were german because there is a german subtitled version. Then I doubted this because I found that the girl is speaking english (and surely no school english) even in the german version - but the link above makes clear why this is so. What makes you think of the Netherlands? :think
Sully23

Before Phuzzy gives his opinion I think that ...

It is not a Hippie or naturist, it is a kind of modern nomad there are few people or family living around the world very similar to the world of circuses.

Apparently the Family is German, (I thought I knew it because of the skin color but it is clear that it is the majority of Europeans). Now I discovered that there is a part of the Netherlands. The language is Frysk is closely related to German and English.

I thought it was a naturism but then I saw it is the law of the tribe or the dress only to cover forward, whether you want to visit the Kwaio or not, you should dress like this and later in another tribe they were already dressed
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote:It is not a Hippie or naturist, it is a kind of modern nomad there are few people or family living around the world very similar to the world of circuses.
... or gypsies - but there is a big difference: those travel in groups and have professions related with travelling ...
In 19th century Europe there were young students from well-to-do families that had no interest in a steady live or responsibilities. They thought gypsy live romantic an tried to imitate it (though they graciously refrained from being poor and repressed, let alone working for their living). They were called "Bohemians" (= "Czechs") an old word for gypsies and this is still a term for this livestyle. In the 50es and 60es there was a revival of it and the adherents were called "Hippies" - only later this became a mass phenomenon and they gathered in communities. I was thinking of this early hippy mentality. Our filmmaker seems to be similar. He obviously is well educated and probably has no lack of money. I would not call him a nomade - there are other words coming to my mind. Those people leave their home countries for "freedom" and "self determination", later when their infantile dreams founder and they run out of money they suddenly remember their citizenship, return and live on social security - you see, I love them dearly :mrgreen: ...
Sully23 wrote:Apparently the Family is German, (I thought I knew it because of the skin color but it is clear that it is the majority of Europeans). Now I discovered that there is a part of the Netherlands. The language is Frysk is closely related to German and English.
That also goes for Dutch itself which is actually a Lower German dialect with a very special development (because the Dutch were traders, seafarers and colonialists) standardized into a national language. There are only about half a million (West-)Frisians. What have they to do with our question?
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

He himself calls he and his family nomads. The contact phone on that page is in Thailand. When I searched on Google I didn't find a country of origin but there were several references to the Netherlands. If you have better info, I'll certainly change the title. :)
Warg

Post by Warg »   77 likes

Here is another video. I had somehow missed that one. It's now clear they are Germans ...

Like this post to see ed2k links  [332.12 Mb]
Last edited by Warg on Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:He himself calls he and his family nomads.
Well, it sounds better than vagrant or ne'er-do-well ... :P "Country" is, if we have to give one, Germany - as a "nomade" has no constant dwelling place we have to use the nationality of the filmmaker ;) ...
Sully23

Warg wrote:There are only about half a million (West-)Frisians. What have they to do with our question?
I was just trying to explain a theory that maybe it was Dutch and I assumed it was a Frisians it was a region where German was spoken in addition to that language it was easy to speak English.
The video on YouTube can be viewed in 4k and I downloaded a version in that format but the fraps are very slow and I saw my technology is still in diapers in relation to that format
Last edited by Sully23 on Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.