[REL] Tears of the Amazon (2010) [Korea]

Any documentaries about children can go here.
Warg

Re: [REL] Tears of the Amazon (2010) [Korea]

Post by Warg »   0 likes

Not at all surprising - out of two reasons:
1, They live in small groups where everyone knows everyone and they all have the same live style. Social discord is caused by the individualism that is the consequence of a society based on the division of labour.
2, All those documentaries follow consciously or unconciously Rousseaus stupid concept of the "noble savage". To expect a honest representation of the social conflicts in these societies would be naive - and probably most of us would not even understand them as we are too far off in cultural development.
Tiny Blondie

Post by Tiny Blondie »   0 likes

There are enough documentaries and ethnographic books that show the diversity of our species, some may focus on the gentle manners of a group (like the Zoé here) or, on the contrary, on their fierce habits (like the Yanomami, see Chagnon "Yanomamo: The Fierce People").

On the some 6,000 ethnic groups that are known, very few are really pacific peoples, most others do have the potential of being aggressive, or are aggressive (tradition of warfare, etc.) and we, Westerners, are the champion of that latter group.

In "Tears of the Amazon ", several ethnic groups are presented, the Zoé (with a lips plug), then groups living around the Upper Xingu river, like the Yawalapiti, etc., these ones do (or did) have a warfare tradition, even if not seen or mentioned here.
Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

we are also tribe ha ha ha
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

AFAIK, there are two main releases of this:
1. A film version 1 hour 28 minutes long, which I think is what has been released here.
2. A multi part TV series. This has been censored by blurring to make it suitable for TV viewing.

The TV version is longer and more explicit, but unfortunately it is blurred. If we could get hold of this version without the blurring, that would be great.
Tiny Blondie

Post by Tiny Blondie »   0 likes

More explicit ? Have you seen the shared version here ? :D Do you have links, previews regarding the TV series ? I am only aware of one document, with indeed a blurred version (mainly for an Asian audience) and a non censored version, posted here. But that's the same document. Note that the Zoé, living totally naked (at least until a recent past) appear in other documentaries produced by other TV teams.
Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta.