[REL] Ankle Biters (2021)

kev
Site Admin

[REL] Ankle Biters (2021)

Post by kev »   3 likes

Cherrypicker (2020) (Do NOT read the 'Storyline' / 'Plot Summary' on IMDB!!) :evil:

Synopsis:
Cherrypicker is a comedy horror tragedy, a film that maintains a tone of delightful absurdity and delivers laugher punctuated by moments of wild terrifying glee.

We have Sean Chase, a former pro hockey enforcer, who has fallen in love with Laura Haywood, a widowed mother of four little girls. Sean wants to leave his reckless life behind him, and start a family anew with Laura. As always, Sean charges in, prepared to give it his all, and that is when we meet the girls. Despite their Mother’s assurances, these four adorable creatures are unsettled by Sean’s presence, and when they see something they should not, they can only assume that their Mom is in trouble, and that it’s up to them to protect her. From there, the world of adults and children collides with the most thrilling unexpected momentum.
Pix:
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

Couldn't find much information, but geeze, these little diabolical girls are so damn cute!!!!! :heart :heart :heart

Trailer:

Being a Canadian production hopefully it with won't be tainted by Hollywood gloss.. :think
Looking forward to this one.. ;)

kev.
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REQ] Cherrypicker (2020) [Cananda]

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Looks like a lot of fun! :)

Thanks for finding, kev.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Heads-up!! Possible name-change if this film ever gets released:

[Image]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Ankle Biters~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:think

kev.

P.S.: Note a couple of contrasts between the two posters:

[Image]

1. - On the 'Ankle Biters' poster there's the addition of blood on the utensils each of the girls are holding. :shock:

and

2. - On the bottom poster the 'i' in 'picker' is dotted with a cherry that has been bitten into. A GREEN cherry.. Unripened.. (Same as in the 1st and 3rd picture in my first post.) :think (Could the mother's new lover REALLY be after the girls??) ((I mean; those friggin' cherries are GREEN every time!!)) :shock: :shock: And finally:

(((PLUS; in America the term 'Cherrypicker' can be slang to refer to someone who's hot for little girls...))) :eusa_shifty

Something to think about, eh... :think ;)

kev.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

kev wrote:2. - On the bottom poster the 'i' in 'picker' is dotted with a cherry
That looks like a green apple.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:
Lol!

Looking back at it, you're right Phuzzy, it does! :think

Sorta shoots my unripened cherry theory to hell! Oh well.. :lol:

Somebody finally brought 'Gondola' here; a film we have been keeping an eye out for since 2009! :shock: So SOMEDAY down the road this film will be released [hopefully we don't wait THAT long] and we'll see if there's any meaning behind the green apple 'i' dot... :think :mrgreen:

(Although the slang 'Ankle Biters' is most definitely a direct reference to the children...) ;)

((I'm a teacher stuck at home because of this Pandemic-y marshal law that's been imposed in my city; I gotta keep my mind active someway...)) :roll:

kev.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:
kev wrote:....So SOMEDAY down the road this film will be released [hopefully we don't wait THAT long] and we'll see if there's any meaning behind the green apple 'i' dot... :think :mrgreen:
kev.
Damn! I hate being bored.... :roll:

*sigh*... I figgerd out what the green apple means! (If'ns you don't wanna know, don't click on the [ *spoiler* ] butt on.. ;) )
Spoiler:

I recently decided to check and see if the film has a facebook page. They do!

Scrolling through the Photos I discovered two that let you know one of the nasty little things the girls do to their mumsy's luvver. :twisted:
(The pix should be explanation enough, no further elaboration needed from me:)

[Image]

[Image]

(Kind of reminds me of a cruel Halloween prank gone RIGHT... :o )

Nasty little buggers, those sweet li'l girlz. :heart :heart :heart I'm REALLY looking forward to this finally being released..
I also contacted them through FaceBook Messenger:
Mr. kev. wrote:Is there any information on when or if this film will be released theatrically? I'd really love to see it on the big screen.

If not, are there plans to get it on one of the streaming channels? Netflix, Hulu, Amazon?

Thank you in advance for any information you can offer. This looks like a fun, dark comedy and I've been anticipating it since hearing about it last year.
They wrote back:
Cherrypicker Film Dude wrote:Hi Kev, we are working with our distributor to secure a theatrical release. Will update when it's available for viewing in a more public manner. Thank you!
So there you go. The film is still in limbo, so to speak, but work is being done to get it to the masses! Yay!!

Hopefully sooner than later. :)

kev.
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   0 likes

Looks nice. Thanks for the info around that movie.
[Image]
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

;) ;) ;) Nitpicking this Cherrypicker, I'd have to say: "Cananda" ??? :D ;) ;) ;)
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Triela wrote:;) ;) ;) Nitpicking this Cherrypicker, I'd have to say: "Cananda" ??? :D ;) ;) ;)
Well, kev IS old...

[Image]
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REQ] Cherrypicker (2020) [Canada]

Post by kev »   1 likes

Triela wrote:;) ;) ;) Nitpicking this Cherrypicker, I'd have to say: "Cananda" ??? :D ;) ;) ;)
Phuzzy4242 wrote:
Well...
The worst part, guys, is that when Triela made the post my thought was; 'I don't understand. What's wrong with Canadian films?' :think

It wasn't until I read Phuzzy's post that I actually went back and took time to actually LOOK at what was written instead of skimming it. Oddly, NOW my version of the word looks more correct than the actual one... :lol:

I'll fix it from THIS post on so the previous posts make sense and others can bask in my senility.. :icon_old
Phuzzy4242 wrote:...Well, kev IS old...

[Image]
Thanks for the 'just-one-more-reminder' Phuzzy.... :roll: (I personally like to think I look more like my avatar.. :heart ) ((Also odd: I guess it's been since I've visited the GsG world as I didn't recognize your name, Triela; but I did have a vague recollection of your avatar... Cool!! :heart :heart :heart))

kev.

(OH! And I edited the
Spoiler:

in my other post so the images are NOW visible... :) )