Any requests?

Many interesting childhood movies are also posted to the newsgroups. Please share them here in this forum ;)
schooldaysdvd

Any requests?

Post by schooldaysdvd »   0 likes

Sorry that I haven't yet posted to the lostmoviearchive group as I said I would, but its been real busy the last couple of weeks with the site. Things are normalizing a bit so I should be able to get one up. But I don't want to do so if everything on my site has already been released through emule. So, does anyone have any requests? Pick any one movie off of the site and I'll post it on usenet by the weekend. I think someone mentioned to me in a PM that Juvenile or neither of the Daughter movies has every been posted here. Anyway, if any of you have any feedback, I'd love to oblige.
ghost
Site Admin

Re: Any requests?

Post by ghost »   0 likes

So what's your site?
schooldaysdvd

ghost
Site Admin

Damned!

My DVB Rip of Demi Tarif on DVD... I released it on usenet and you're making money out of it....

I think i don't like that :naughty
ghost
Site Admin

Also: LA CASA DE MI ABUELA

I am sure it is not the original DVD. Should be my Rip on a DVD-R

Hey man, i think i earn at least 50 % of the money you make with these illegal copies!
schooldaysdvd

Do you really want to get into this debate? Would you really start a discussion over what is legal and what is not on this forum? I am not the only one here who has decided to make a profit off of people who may not have the same knowledge of those on this forum. I know people here don't like to speak ill of the "other" sites but there plenty of others who do exactly what I do (and more expensively I might add). I am not trying to sell here and I did not hide what I was doing. I came here announced my site, and am trying earnestly to contribute; to give and not just take. I know the Japanese stuff is not really OT with the site, but I would gladly post something on usenet on the rare occassions that I get my hands on a film that has not been released on this forum through Emule.

There are a few who know me here and know that while I'm somewhat of a flake, I am not a profiteer. I offer what I consider to be a fair price for a great deal of work that I put into this project. If you would like to be compensated for your work, then I encourage you to open up your own site. Or hell, join me! I'm not closed to the idea of working with others and I've certainly made that invitation before.

If I may join this community, then great and I'll gladly contribute. I'll even send stuff directly to you. But if you would rather continue to arbitrarily support some and denounce others who do the exact same thing, then I'll go away and won't bother anyone on this forum again. But please, please do not ever come at me with that whole discussion of who's doing what that is illegal and discussions of "illegal" copies. What do you think that is sitting in the usenet group? Is that your copy of Demi-Tarif or the movie company's?
sprocket

Post by sprocket »   0 likes

:icon_flamethrow
schooldaysdvd

Man I hope I'm wrong about this, but Ghost are you Casper from VOA?
ghost
Site Admin

I don't care about wheter it is legal or not what you're doing on your site.

I just meant that we are sharing movies at FLM for free and people do a lot of work in ripping etc.

If you want to share some movies with us, you will be welcome :bigups

I just saw some of my releases in your shop and was a little bit confused...

And i am not Casper. I even don't know this guy.
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

schooldaysdvd any release you make here i'm sure would be appreciated, but no-one is going to beg you for it, either do it (for yourself in the spirit of sharing) or don't. you've chosen to make a profit from movies available on the web, it's dangerous territory and i wouldn't advise anyone on FLM to do it, kind of like by all means personally smoke weed and give some to your friends to smoke :cool but when it comes to selling weed it's a whole other ball game. ok that comparisons a bit shit but it's the best one i could come up with in a minute.

as for people who have spent time to rip... ok there is no moral high ground there, but they do have a right to be pissed, just as the film companies do, because of the time they've spent on the work (immoral or moral). not that i believe sharing to be immoral, it's way to archive films and gives people a chance to see them who would probably not have had otherwise.

starting your post in a defensive, almost aggressive way... "Do you really want to get into this debate? Would you really start a discussion over what is legal and what is not on this forum?" doesn't exactly help the situation.

so do what you will, i do hope you would like to share something here, and i wish you luck with your business, but you must recognise the difference and understand peoples frustration when you take something they have worked on for your own personal profit, rather than for your own personal pleasure, which is for what it was intended.

just my thoughts......