[REL] Forty Six & 2 Cover (2013) [USA]

Information about music videos that fit the genre of FLM can be posted here.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

[REL] Forty Six & 2 Cover (2013) [USA]

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

I have a feeling this was posted before but I didn't find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYKLvYGqaC0

Like this post to see ed2k links  [52.92 Mb]
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Forty Six & 2 Cover (2013) [USA]

Post by kev »   1 likes

Thanks, phuzzy! I'm in LOVE with the singer.. (And looking around YouTube, she seems to have garnered quite a following.. More on her later)

They must like the group 'Tool'. :think

Cover of Sober by Tool.

It's the same girl singing (Kala Rose Scarpinski). ((I've seen her name listed 3 different ways. 'Scarpinksi', 'Scarpinski', and 'Rose'. 'Scarpinksi' is most likely a misspelling and I believe she's taken the name 'Rose' as a stage name..)) :think

The first video posted was released in 2013; the 'Sober' cover was released in 2014.

This time we have some names:
*Pump organist #1: Addie Miracle :heart
*Pump organist #2: Willa :heart :heart :heart
*Vocals and Rhythm Guitar: Kala Rose (Scarpinski)

There's other videos with her:
*Dream Theater - Pull Me Under (cover) July, 2012 ((She's listed as Kala 'Scarpinksi' - 11 years old))

*Cosmic Love by Florence + The Machine (cover) Dec. 2012 (No name given, but it's Kala..)

A ridiculous, not very funny mock-interview (Nov 2014) ((But she's cute :heart)):

I'm sure there's more stuff with her out there.. She's gotta be around 19/20 now [ :( ]and has a band called 'Saving Escape' that plays around Cincinnati/Cleveland OH..

(https://www.facebook.com/kalaroseoffici ... 167614127/ For anyone who might be interested.. :) )

kev.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

SHOCKING Interview? I'll have to wait until I get home to watch THAT one. LOL

Thanks for the info, kev. She caught my eye too the first time I saw her. I thought this was already here - how could it not be? - when I was looking through old files. These kids definitely have talent.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Thank you phuzzy!! Yes, they're very talented, especially Kala... :heart :heart :heart

:icon_idea2

kev.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

kev wrote:Thank you phuzzy!! Yes, they're very talented, especially Kala... :heart :heart :heart

kev.
I watched a couple other of her videos and she's okay, but she doesn't have much 'strength' if you know what I mean, which is kinda unusual for someone training in a music school since she was preteen. She wasn't as polished as someone like Carolyn Costa or Priscilla Betti, for example. Admittedly I didn't watch her later stuff - the earlier covers were kinda same same so even though she's a cutie, she didn't catch my 'gotta see it' attention.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:
kev wrote:Thank you phuzzy!! Yes, they're very talented, especially Kala... :heart :heart :heart

kev.
I watched a couple other of her videos and she's okay, but she doesn't have much 'strength' if you know what I mean,...

...so even though she's a cutie, she didn't catch my 'gotta see it' attention.
Which probably accounts for why, after all these years in the business, she's still hitting the local gin joints around her hometown... :think

There is an online text interview with her [from 2017, when she was 16] where she says she 'tried out' for America's Got Talent when she was 10; but obviously she never made it to the weekly run-offs. Another part of the interview she states that one of the hardest songs she's done is an original that had some 'high' parts in it; so her range probably isn't all that wide..

Anyway she was a cute kid, maybe not the most talented, but cute in the videos we have. I too wasn't captivated enough to follow her progress, but I do wish her the best of luck in her career.

(I wonder if changing her last name from 'Scarpinski' to 'Rose' was her idea or those around her who kept telling her "Scarpinski?? You'll NEVER make it with a name like that..." :think :lol: )

kev.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Is Rose her middle name maybe?