[REL] Uthara Unnikrishnan - Azhagu (2014) [India]

Information about music videos that fit the genre of FLM can be posted here.
emuler

Re: [REL] Uthara Unnikrishnan - Azhagu (2014) [India]

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Behind the scenes - the making of Azhagu. Film director A. L. Vijay in black T shirt, music director/ composer G. V. Prakash Kumar in yellow, Uthara's dad P. Unnikrishnan in the striped shirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRG5XlTDsCs

Like this post to see ed2k links  [16.28 Mb]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Nice interview with Baby Sara but I think Uthara sings Azhagu better. ;)

emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

LOL Yes, I had watched that and was trying very hard to erase it from my memory. This is why we have separate people acting and singing. Hollywood has (mostly) the actor doing any on-screen singing himself or herself, often with less than satisfactory results.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

I was delighted with the voice of Baby Sara but I realize she is not the one who sings

Is it because she is prettier than Uthara?
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote:I was delighted with the voice of Baby Sara but I realize she is not the one who sings

Is it because she is prettier than Uthara?
Uthara is a singer. Baby Sara is an actress. I find Uthara adorable as well, but she probably couldn't act for nuts, just like Baby Sara can't sing to save her life. LOL <3 Put them together, and you get the best of both worlds. Division of labour. :lol: :roll:

I suppose this practice explains why we have more musicals than Hollywood. I'd have a hard time putting together a list of women who can both sing and act - Bette Midler, Queen Latifah, and ... ? Just like the ability to say your lines doesn't make you an actor, the ability to hold a tune doesn't make you a singer.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

emuler wrote: Uthara is a singer. Baby Sara is an actress. I find Uthara adorable as well, but she probably couldn't act for nuts, just like Baby Sara can't sing to save her life. LOL <3 Put them together, and you get the best of both worlds. Division of labour. :lol: :roll:

I suppose this practice explains why we have more musicals than Hollywood. I'd have a hard time putting together a list of women who can both sing and act - Bette Midler, Queen Latifah, and ... ? Just like the ability to say your lines doesn't make you an actor, the ability to hold a tune doesn't make you a singer.
Now I know why Disney's requirement is to sing and act