Kad nodes disappearing from the list?

Post any eMule-related questions and FAQ's here.
kalamies44

Kad nodes disappearing from the list?

Post by kalamies44 »   0 likes

Like the topic says after waiting about 30minutes all kad nodes disappears from the list. I've followed every step here https://www.first-loves.com/forums/v ... =69&t=7279 but it's impossible for me to download from emule.

I don't even understand why you're still using such an old software..

You should post movies to usenet atleast.. I know there's already a group called alt.binaries.movies.thelostmovies but it's missing so many titles...
jezevex

Re: Kad nodes disappearing from the list?

Post by jezevex »   0 likes

It´s very strange but it happens to me, too.
I can´t connect to KAD for approx. 2 weeks...

E-mule is not "old" or "bad", but if it won´t "repair" I´m a very "limited" member here...

E-mule test of connection says that everything is OK...

Could anyone help? :?
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Odd? :o

I connect right away and have been for over 6 years. The mule is very reliable. Perhaps you should try a different version? ;)
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I'm not having any issues - I have 615 Kad contacts right now and I've disconnected/reconnected several times. I was offline for 3 hours tonight doing some other work and Kad came back without a problem. Have you tried bootstrapping? Have you tried using different ports? Maybe your ISP is blocking some P2P stuff.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

kalamies44 wrote:I don't even understand why you're still using such an old software..
We just do it for the lulz :mrgreen:

FLM movies *are* posted to thelostmovies from time to time, but not many people are on Usenet nowadays, since one usually has to pay for it. How large is the membership of thelostmovies now? 10 people?

I do wish there was a better, open, free and secure p2p protocol!
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Do you think a nodes file for FLM would be a good idea? Something like the ones they have here http://www.nodes-dat.com/ but tailored for FLM. :think
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

The nodes.dat file is only used to 'bootstrap' Kad so it can start connecting to other emule clients without going through a server. Once you've connected to any client through Kad, it uses that as a starting point for searching and builds its own chains. I suppose you could create a nodes.dat with only FLM clients in it but I doubt many would want to be listed.
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

I was thinking we could list ISPs instead of clients. At least nudge KAD to look in the right direction. Recently, all my KAD connections are coming up yellow. I'm about to change my router, so maybe re-doing the forwarding will fix things.