Xtreme MOD crash

Post any eMule-related questions and FAQ's here.
emuler

Re: Xtreme MOD crash

Post by emuler »   1 likes

:( It means I can no longer transfer my userhash when moving from one client to another. So all you guys will need to add me as friend again if you see me languishing in your queue. Drat! I used to be able to do this. Been out of the loop for too long. Perhaps mimzy can help - I have saved the config folder of my old eMule installation.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

I was able to transfer all that when I moved to Morph. I'm not sure what happened with yours. I did a how-to here - maybe that'll help. I think the new user hash is going to happen any time you change clients.
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

I couldn't do that as the old installation was crashing - I might have propagated the bug to the new client. The userhash is how clients recognise each other (and keep track of credits), and there are a couple of files - like cryptkey.dat - that you have to copy over into your new installation in order to retain your old userhash. I'll have to dig out the list from somewhere. Unless mimzy lists them first. :D
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

I think cryptkey.dat is the file that defines userhash, but I'm really no eMule expert.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Crashed again. If you see me in your queues, please add me again to your friends list.