Can´t connect to KAD

Post any eMule-related questions and FAQ's here.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: Can´t connect to KAD

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

mimzy wrote:Wasn't KAD port fixed at TCP port+3 :roll:

Try to forward 16050 (UDP) too.
No, the ports can be whatever you want, they're not fixed at +3, at least in the standard client and all the mods I've tried (e.g. MorphXT, Xtreme, DreaMule, etc.).
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

AFAIK only two ports need to be forwarded - one for TCP and one for UDP. It is even possible to open only one port and use the same port for both TCP and UDP, but might have some queuing issues - mimzy will know more.

You should enable the verbose log and see if there are any hints there as to what the problem actually is.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

emuler wrote:AFAIK only two ports need to be forwarded - one for TCP and one for UDP.
My client uses 2 UDP ports and one of them is fixed at TCP+3 :icon_paranoid
emuler wrote:It is even possible to open only one port and use the same port for both TCP and UDP, but might have some queuing issues - mimzy will know more.
From OS and networking point of view it makes absolutely no difference whether the same or different numbers are used for TCP and UDP ports. I don't know if there are special limitations in ed2k.
ferdi111

Post by ferdi111 »   0 likes

When KAD network suddenly stopped working for me today I received working nodes.dat from here (look the second post) https://forum.emule-project.net/index.p ... pic=161411
Atonement

Post by Atonement »   2 likes

KAD Bootstrap URL - just type this in and go - works every time for me (remove spaces)

http : // upd.emule-security.org/nodes.dat