eMule LowID on IP change

Post any eMule-related questions and FAQ's here.
ptguardian

Re: eMule LowID on IP change

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:is that last post of your's missing the word 'many' by any chance? :D
Not anymore :oops:

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

starfish21 wrote:[Image]
ptguardian wrote:This thread is looking more like a showing off of what details one knows than an actual help thread. ;) Emule is easy enough to set up and details on ones settings and or how someone else sets theirs probably should not be discussed. If you are having trouble with your client seek help from your emule clients website otherwise try a different client.
Huh? :? This is the eMule Help/FAQ forum after all.

I guarantee if Chloe and Elle got together and made a movie about how to set up eMule and the network I'd be watching it right now. :lol:
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

It is amazing how many people with no ability or inclination to help read this thread. ;) :roll:

Thanks, Phuzzy4242, for your help and advice. :D The original problem (that of uPnP not being able to re-establish port forwarding after an IP change) still exists - this might have more to do with the OS (Windows 8 Release preview) and with my non-standard modem + wifi router setup than with the client itself. However, the workaround that you proposed (of setting up static IP addresses and manually forwarding ports) is working successfully. :D

PTg, you should be paying more attention to the help forum of your own client, considering the fact that I had to turn off the setting to Detect Leecher by UserName to prevent my client (Xtreme 8.1) from banning you. :P
ptguardian

emuler wrote:It is amazing how many people with no ability or inclination to help read this thread. ;) :roll:
Yet you already have a working client. ;)

emuler wrote: PTg, you should be paying more attention to the help forum of your own client, considering the fact that I had to turn off the setting to Detect Leecher by UserName to prevent my client (Xtreme 8.1) from banning you. :P
You should pay more attention to the fact it was your client that banned me.

I have been successfully sharing files here for several years. It is you that was using a mod that conflicted with my client. I see all the 'active' members in my queue at one time or another and all files get shared. If for some reason I find that many of the 'active' members here are not connecting I will consider doing something about it. You have been gone for a couple of years and were gone for a long period before that. During that time everything has been going fine with my client and is still doing fine for others. I use more than one client and I like changing names for the fun of it. Seems silly to cater to your mod and mess with my client because you decided to mess with yours ....
emuler

Talking to you is like bashing my head against a brick wall. Let's agree to disagree on everything and leave it at that.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:This thread is looking more like a showing off of what details one knows than an actual help thread.
That's exactly how i see this thread,Ptg. Phuzzy's being helpful as always,but i don't believe for a second that Emuler is actually in need of assistance,not with his advanced technical knowledge of 'the mule'
8-)
ptguardian

emuler wrote:Talking to you is like bashing my head against a brick wall. Let's agree to disagree on everything and leave it at that.

I agree when I agree and disagree when I disagree. I will not agree to disagree simply to accommodate an agreement. :D
starfish21 wrote:
ptguardian wrote:This thread is looking more like a showing off of what details one knows than an actual help thread.
That's exactly how i see this thread,Ptg. Phuzzy's being helpful as always,but i don't believe for a second that Emuler is actually in need of assistance,not with his advanced technical knowledge of 'the mule'
8-)
My view of this has not changed. One being persistently needy yet overtly capable does not sit well with my demeanor.
emuler

starfish21 wrote:
8-)
I had/have a specific problem. I thought I'd ask here if anyone knew something about it. No one does. :( Phuzzy suggested a workaround, which I have subsequently implemented. Even Phuzzy knew that I knew how to implement the suggested workaround. He could have suggested that workaround via a PM but he chose to do it in this thread, because that is what this section of the forum is for. Other people looking for a solution to a similar problem, not as technically capable or experienced as many of us, will read this thread, so a lot of seemingly unnecessary detail and explanation has been included for their benefit. If people have a problem with that, let us do away with the help forum altogether and just place a collection of links to the support forum of every eMule MOD we know of.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

C'mon guys, there's no need to get salty. If this topic doesn't interest you, just move on.
emuler wrote:The original problem (that of uPnP not being able to re-establish port forwarding after an IP change) still exists
I'm sure emuler knows a lot of this but there will be many who don't.

* UPnP depends on SSDP Discovery and UPnP Device Host services running so you might check them.
* Your firewall must allow outbound connections to svchost.exe.
* If you manually opened the ports in the router at some time in the past, UPnP may not work because the modem reports them as already being in use. Try setting up TCP and UDP forwarding using totally different port numbers and specify them as UPnP from the start.

The IP facing the outside world is what's changing, not the router's internal IP, and it shouldn't have any effect on the internal network - after all, a router's job is translating the inside/outside addresses. Unfortunately, UPnP port forwarding is often not implemented correctly - it doesn't match the forwarded ports to the new IP and you get lowid. Recycling the modem often 'fixes' it because everything gets back in sync. I'm old-school and don't like to leave such things to chance. Anything that must be reliably found gets a static address or gets bound by its MAC address (another route you can try).