[REL] Pan de salawal (2018) [Philippines]

miih

Post by miih »   3 likes

A.K.A.: The Sweet Taste of Salted Bread and Undies

Pan de Salawal

A special little homeless girl travels about the Philippines curing the afflicted with her mysterious healing powers, until one day she befriends a sick old man who for some perplexing reason she is unable to cure. The unlikely pair are drawn to each other with both of their lives forever changed by their unique friendship and magical journey together.

[Image]

Relevant cast:
Miel Espinoza
[Image]

Thank you very much in advance for any help!
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REQ] Pan de Salawal (2018) [Philippines]

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

No RFF entry, not on eMule or uloz.net.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

There are more places than only uloz. ;)

But all my sources failed. :(
miih

Post by miih »   3 likes

Hey! I found it in HD on this site with english hardcoded subtitles, but I could not to download it:

https://www.bilibili.tv/ms/video/2049390284
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   6 likes

Thank you for finding this miih! The girl is adorable, but that alternate title ("The Sweet Taste of Salted Bread and Undies") is also definitely intriguing.
karyljuliaoraye@IMDB wrote:This one really won my heart, pandesalawal might be a funny movie title, a combination of pandesal (salt bread) and salawal (undies).
Pan de salawal (2018).720p.Eng-hardsubs.mp4_thumbs_[2022.07.07_00.02.16].jpg
|
720p Tagalog and Filipino with hardcoded English subtitles:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.69 Mb]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pillowbaker

Re: [REL] Pan de salawal (2018) [Philippines]

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Thank you miih, for discovering this after your REQ years ago. And thanks for downloading and releasing it, Night!

I also did a double-take when I read that title. Color me intrigued. We'll see how far that goes. On the whole, it looks like a adorable movie!

miih, may I ask where your avatar is from?
miih

Post by miih »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:00 am Thank you for finding this miih!
Thank you very much for downloading and releasing it! ^^
miih

Post by miih »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:19 am Thank you miih, for discovering this after your REQ years ago.

miih, may I ask where your avatar is from?
My pleasure.

The girl at my avatar is the actress Isabelle Drummond in a brazilian series called Sítio do Picapau Amarelo (2001-2007). Her character, Emilia, is a rag doll that came to life.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Thank a lot, miih!

@Night457: How did you manage to download the video??? :o All my methods failed on this one.

In 1080p and with soft subs: https://moviesnipipay.me/pan-de-salawal-2018/
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

ghost wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:16 pm @Night457: How did you manage to download the video??? :o All my methods failed on this one.
GOOD! :mrgreen:

I was getting really irritated with MY repeated failed methods and was wishing that I could use Internet Download Manager, which I am now banned from using. Now I feel better, since apparently that did not work either!

Tedious Tech Talk:
Spoiler:

youtube-dl failed.
jdownloader2 failed.
Stream Recorder extension for Chrome in Capture mode seemed to work for a real-time capture for 77 minutes, then the page cleared and what I had downloaded so far was gone! (Normally Capture mode seems to work faster than real time, oddly enough.)

Xtreme Download Manager and https://9xbuddy.org/en-1az both managed to download the video only as an mp4, but not the audio!

I did not want to try and fail yet again to get both video and audio together, so I managed to get just the audio in mp3 format using https://www.tubeoffline.com/download-In ... videos.php

So, then just mux the video and audio together quickly now, right? WRONG!

mkvmerge GUI gave an error on the mp4:
"Quicktime/MP4 reader: Constant samplesize & variable duration not yet supported."

I realized I had to reprocess the file, so I did a full job.

Avidemux to recode the video, still with the H264 codec. I also cropped off the top and bottom black bars so it was 2.35 instead of 1.78, and converted the MP3 audio to AAC. All without making it too much larger than the sum of the individual original parts.

Yay! Success!
:dance