[REQ] looking for a movie

starfish21

[REQ] looking for a movie

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i've been trying like crazy to find a movie i got from here some time ago,its about a young boy and his sister living in a fancy manor house,i cant remember the name of it but i know that at the end...they shoot oliver reed with a bow and arrow(surely that must jog a memory) i've been right through the uk forum with no success and i've also searched ollie's page on imdb.

it seems to have disappeared completely. any help would be most appreciated. :think
Ziggy Plock

Re: [REQ] looking for a movie

Post by Ziggy Plock »   0 likes

1377 views in over a month..... have you considered that perhaps it was NOT Oliver Reed?

If you're sure it was him, my questions would be:
- Combining his movies and the REL set here, what does that cross-sectioned Venn-diagram produce? Can the moderators do that more quickly? This would be the fastest method.
- About what age did he have in the movie?
- what genre? drama, horror, high society soap?
- Can you remember the hair color of the boy and girl, or any distinguishing stuff, where they fat, thin, average, accents were british, Americanized, which?
- any distinguishing stuff about the mansion?
- was the movie just with the three of them or were there other characters?
- did he play a major part or just a minor role at the end?
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:i've been trying like crazy to find a movie i got from here some time ago,its about a young boy and his sister living in a fancy manor house,i cant remember the name of it but i know that at the end...they shoot oliver reed with a bow and arrow(surely that must jog a memory) i've been right through the uk forum with no success and i've also searched ollie's page on imdb.

it seems to have disappeared completely. any help would be most appreciated. :think
Ziggy Plock wrote:1377 views in over a month..... have you considered that perhaps it was NOT Oliver Reed?
Actually I"m pretty sure you're right Ziggy; it's NOT Oliver Reed.

And I'm also pretty sure that starfish [who sadly does not stop by anymore] was actually thinking about the prequel to 'The Turn of the Screw'; ' The Nightcomers (1971)'.

The 'Oliver Reed' character I'm sure is 'Marlon Brando' playing 'Peter Quint' who, once you see the film, could easily be confused in memory with Oliver Reed.

And, of course, we have it here: The Nightcomers (1971)

kev.
Ziggy Plock

Post by Ziggy Plock »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:i've been trying like crazy to find a movie i got from here some time ago,its about a young boy and his sister living in a fancy manor house,i cant remember the name of it but i know that at the end...they shoot oliver reed with a bow and arrow(surely that must jog a memory) i've been right through the uk forum with no success and i've also searched ollie's page on imdb.

If this wasn't resolved a looooooooooooooooooog time ago, could this be
Burnt Offerings (1976) ?? It has both the house, the young boy and his young sister and Oliver Reed in it. Wasn't he married to some school girl? His very life seemed very OT. :D

I think this is based on the novella "Turn of the screw" by Henry James. But there are better films than this one based on that book, most recently "La Tutora (2016)", which is much more OT for here and also "The Others" with Nicole Kidman, which has excellent production values and acting, something.

Perhaps you should also check out its prequel called The Nightcomers (1971) ?
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Ziggy Plock wrote:...If this wasn't resolved a looooooooooooooooooog time ago, could this be
Burnt Offerings (1976) ?? It has both the house, the young boy and his young sister and Reed in it....
A couple of problems with 'Burnt Offerings': 1.) It's a husband and wife and their son [no daughter] that move into the 'house'. 2.) Oliver Reed's character dies when he's thrown out an upper story window and lands on his car. (A huge chimney shakes loose and falls on the son, killing him also..)
Ziggy Plock wrote:I think this is based on the novella "Turn of the screw" by Henry James...
I concur... AND if you had read MY post [sitting snugly between your two posts...] you might have seen I came to a pretty accurate and similar conclusion: ;)
kev wrote:

Ziggy Plock wrote:1377 views in over a month..... have you considered that perhaps it was NOT Oliver Reed?
Actually I'm pretty sure you're right Ziggy; it's NOT Oliver Reed.

And I'm also pretty sure that starfish [who sadly does not stop by anymore] was actually thinking about the prequel to 'The Turn of the Screw'; ' The Nightcomers (1971)'.

The 'Oliver Reed' character I'm sure is 'Marlon Brando' playing 'Peter Quint' who, once you see the film, could easily be confused in memory with Oliver Reed.

And, of course, we have it here: The Nightcomers (1971)

kev.
Ziggy Plock wrote:Perhaps you should also check out its prequel called The Nightcomers (1971) ?
BINGO, bay-bee!! :cool

How am I so sure what I say about Reed and Brando looking similar 'in memory' is the right assumption in the case of this film?

While they might not have LOOKED exactly alike the actors both portrayed characters that, at times, were very similar. Both seemed to be cast a lot [as younger men] in 'rugged, bad-boy roles'. That's what I meant by 'in memory' the two actors could possibly get mixed up.. :think

IE:
[Image][Image][Image]
Oliver Reed

[Image][Image][Image]
Marlon Brando as Peter Quint in 'The Nightcomers'

Though I couldn't find an actual still of Peter Quint's demise [shot with an arrow], I DID find this Behind-The-Scenes image:
[Image]

As stated before, I'm very sure the movie that Starfish was thinking about was 'The Nightcomers'. That's why all of his searching out Oliver Reed movies came up zilch; as I don't believe Reed was ever in a movie where he was killed being shot with an arrow by a child... :)

Buuut..... I've been wrong before... :lol:

kev.