[REL] Buiten Is Het Feest / The Party Is Outside (2020)

sifon773_lover

[REL] Buiten Is Het Feest / The Party Is Outside (2020)

Post by sifon773_lover »   1 likes

Wow can't believe this is the first dutch request in/since years?

[Image]

.... anyways this movie "Buiten Is Het Feest" for the non dutch speakers: "The Party Is Outside"
it's loosely based on a true story of Dutch comedian Karin Bloemen, who was sexually abused as a child.

Here's the IMDB: Buiten Is Het Feest (2020)
Released at Utrecht's Dutch Film Festival: https://www.filmfestival.nl/archief/bui ... het-feest/
After the sudden death of her older sister, a successful singer-songwriter finds herself facing their family's darkest memories as she fights to win custody over her adolescent niece from the girl's lawful but long-absent father.
Director: Jelle Nesna
Writers: Eveline Hagenbeek, Karin van Holst Pellekaan

This movie stars "Roosmarijn van der Hoek" as the niece who moves in with Sonne. She is also known for her role in "Bumperkleef/Tailgate" "Mees Kees / Sub Sam / Mister Twister" and "Brammetje Baas". Also Abbey Hoes in the lead role as "Sonne" together with Pleun Nijhuis as young Sonne. Also 8 yo Camelia Ray as young Martha (the girl who get's pregnant).

Here's the trailer:

I roughly translated a dutch article in the "Volkskrant" about this movie:
With the arrival of Kees, the new husband of Sonne's mother, something else appears in the house: holes. Neatly round, at eye level. One in the wall of the toilet. One that looks exactly out on the bed of Sonne's teenage sister. "We have mice," the 11-year-old girl proclaims over dinner. Challenging, because she knows better - just like Kees, her mother and her older sister, by the way.

Everyone is aware of it, but nobody mentions it directly, the sexual abuse in Buiten is the party. Years later, all parties continue to refer to it at most in veiled terms. But when her sister is killed in an accident and Sonne, now a famous singer, gets custody of her niece, the moment approaches when she will have to open her mouth.

Making sexual abuse a topic of discussion seems primarily to be the motivation of "Buiten is het feest". It is a solid drama film, based on the novel by Arthur Japin, who in turn based it on the story of Karin Bloemen. It shows how the adult Sonne (Abbey Hoes) is locked up because she cannot talk about her past; what exactly happened is shown by director Jelle Nesna through flashbacks.
Yes the pictures:

[Image] [Image][Image] [Image] [Image] [Image]

It's out there on the streaming platforms like Itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/nl/movie/buite ... 1531896033 and on Bol.Com https://www.bol.com/nl/p/buiten-is-het- ... oductTitle

So I think I will take one for the team soon and buy the dvd and try to rip it. So this is not really a {REQ} but more like a place holder for when the release is there. Let's get some life in here, Yay! :D :D :D
“If you can get to be you, why can't I get to be me?”
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REQ] Buiten Is Het Feest / The Party Is Outside (2020)

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Looks like an interesting film! :D

I found it on some streaming sites, but unfortunatly: none of them with any subtitles :(
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REQ] Buiten Is Het Feest / The Party Is Outside (2020)

Post by ghost »   50 likes

Let's change this thread to REL:

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.07 Gb]

English subtitles:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [46.3 Kb]

Enjoy! ;)