[REL] My Queen Karo (2009)

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] My Queen Karo (2009)

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote:That last of Ghost is the one that has the best image? I was asking about popdrome
Popdromes' post was just an upscaled dvd.
jezevex

Post by jezevex »   0 likes

I'm starting to be afraid that this movie wasn't even shot in HD - look at this...
https://www.justwatch.com/nl/movie/my-queen-karo

...and at all trailers available on the net - all are in SD. :-(
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

jezevex wrote:I'm starting to be afraid that this movie wasn't even shot in HD - look at this...
https://www.justwatch.com/nl/movie/my-queen-karo

...and at all trailers available on the net - all are in SD. :-(
Anything shot on film will be in the range of slightly less to slightly more than 4K resolution. All-digital productions are never done in anything less than 1080p - but this was back in 2009, so it's probably film. That doesn't mean a full HD version is available of course. There's no bluray for this movie; you may find web-dl's are nothing more than upscaled DVD, even though they have 1920x1080 dimensions. High definition remasters aren't likely to be done for web distribution alone. Perhaps if it airs on a premium movie channel somewhere we'll see one.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   1 likes

If there was an opportunity for them to do remake, then I would like it and in 4k no matter what they film the same scenes
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   98 likes

I know, I know.... thi is not my first try to get this movie to HD :?

But I found this software: Topaz Video Enhance AI ( https://topazlabs.com/video-enhance-ai/ ).

I tried several upscaling programs and plug-ins before and therefore I was very skeptical about the promises they make.

But I was curious and tried it. And BAM!!! The results are really impressive! Sharp edges and very many details in the picture! :o

It is not cheap and decoding is very very slow, but it was worth it!! This version of the movie comes very close to HD:

Some caps:
(click on the pictures to watch in full size)

[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

See for yourself:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.31 Gb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [56.4 Kb]

My next HD-project will be Mein erstes Wunder. Soon in this theatre ;)
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

:icon_idea2
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

ghost wrote:...It is not cheap and decoding is very very slow, but it was worth it!!...
Wow!! :shock: Sounds VERY impressive!!

I'm assuming you took the big plunge and PURCHASED the program and didn't just use the 'Trial' virgin... :think Also in the small print on their webpage, right under the sale price, I read:
Video Enhance AI - Topaz Labs wrote:System Requirements: 1. Need nVidia GPU >3GB VRAM to run fast (CPU can run but quite slow).
I guess you must be running on CPU.. I wonder how much it costs to step up to 'nVidia GPU >3GB VRAM'.. :think

Sounds like you put a LOT of time into this, and I'm REALLY looking forward to viewing this movie once again. It's been awhile. And I have the DVD.. :lol:

(You know I'm kind of surprised that 'Muidhond' has NOT showed up on 'cinemonsterr' yet. But I GUARANTEE that THIS rip will, as 'Queen of Karo' is a favorite of theirs! ;)

On a side note: The owner of that site, Dormidont Ogolteloff [who is either YOU or a member here :P ], needs to give you and FLM some credit as he gleans a quite a bit from FLM. Especially lately..)
ghost wrote:My next HD-project will be Mein erstes Wunder. Soon in this theatre ;)
Another one I have the DVD for, but if this process is as exciting as you say, THIS will be added to my collection.

I can never tire of saying 'Thank You, ghost' for ALL the time, effort and EXPENSE you put into making FLM a better place. I'm SOO glad you found your way back here after everything went down. I'm sure Rich(_visiting) and Mimsy are appreciative and proud!

kev.
ghost
Site Admin

I'm assuming you took the big plunge and PURCHASED the program and didn't just use the 'Trial' virgin...
No, I got a full version of this program... Pls don't ask me, if I paid for it..... :roll: ;)

I did this movie on my old notebook and it really took about 2 weeks (really!) until it was done :cry:
The owner of that site, Dormidont Ogolteloff [who is either YOU or a member here :P ], needs to give you and FLM some credit as he gleans a quite a bit from FLM.
Cinemonster was pretty fast this time. It's already there. :o

This guy never gives credits to anyone. He is just stealing everything he can get from FLM and sites like blizzardkid. :oops:
Tiny Blondie

Post by Tiny Blondie »   0 likes

That's a nice gift ghost, thanks ! :D

Apparently Topaz can be buggy and a source of problems. It seems you can get the same results with https://ffmpeg.org/, provided you have the proper settings.
Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta.
ghost
Site Admin

Apparently Topaz can be buggy and a source of problems.
I didn't notice any problems or bugs. What do you mean exactly?
It seems you can get the same results with https://ffmpeg.org/, provided you have the proper settings.
Only with ffmpeg for free? I doubt it, but tell me how... :shock: