[REL] The Trouble with Being Born (2019/2020)

Sully23

Re: [REL] The Trouble with Being Born (2019/2020)

Post by Sully23 »   2 likes

I fell in love with the character until I found out that he is an android and of course I do not have Krillin syndrome and ended up marrying an android.

Also you can see in some scenes they look like digital effects and in another I think a mannequin was used
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

Sully23 wrote:I fell in love with the character until I found out that he is an android and of course I do not have Krillin syndrome and ended up marrying an android.

Also you can see in some scenes they look like digital effects and in another I think a mannequin was used
Obviously the actress is not an android. However her real name is unknown, "Lena Watson" is a made up stage name. None of the nude scenes were real. They were all CGI. You can tell when she's sitting on the counter that the image is fake. The girl who played Elli wore a thin silicone mask, both to protect her identity and because it gives a somewhat synthetic look to her face. The first picture below shows how she was actually attired when she filmed the pool scene. Her orange swimsuit was digitally removed in post-production.

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]
                                                                                                    Lena, whoever she is, having her mask applied.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   1 likes

I only lived believing the CGI was only used by the studios in California, USA, it seems to be so that there is no more controversy, the OT will be made digitally and so much that I admired cinema outside of Hollywood because it lacks visual effects. :cry: :?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote:I admired cinema outside of Hollywood because it lacks visual effects. :cry: :?
(I can feel your pain, man!) Sorry, those days are long gone and computer visual effects have spread (like a plague?) over the world. In some cases it is a matter of home-grown cinema seeking to compete for audiences with the invasion of Hollywood blockbusters. I know in particular that Chinese and Korean movies have the CGI, and I have seen Russian and European pictures with it as well. Sometimes it is done badly, as Hollywood has far more money for its FX budgets.

Of course how much of any kind of effects there are in a film depends upon the genre. Fantasy, science fiction, and action movies are more likely to have computer effects because it is safer and cheaper than doing things for "real," or faked by traditional practical effects. If you stick to films that deal with more ordinary, real-life events then you can avoid the FX.

In the case of this movie I thought it was done well and appropriately, considering the girl was an android and it made sense for her to look artificial. And the body-part replacement and maintenance scenes would have been impossible to do without SOME kind of special effects!
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

In this young actress' case the masking of her identity is, on the one hand protection but on the other hand a disservice. She'll never be able to claim credit for her performance and won't be able to use it on her resumé for further roles.
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:In this young actress' case the masking of her identity is, on the one hand protection but on the other hand a disservice. She'll never be able to claim credit for her performance and won't be able to use it on her resumé for further roles.
The actress is in fact ten years old, so I assume the intention was to keep her controversial role away from school and friends. It'll be less of an issue ten years from now. Besides, she can always reveal that she made this movie to casting directors if she wants to try for another gig in the near future.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

deadman wrote: The actress is in fact ten years old, so I assume the intention was to keep her controversial role away from school and friends. It'll be less of an issue ten years from now. Besides, she can always reveal that she made this movie to casting directors if she wants to try for another gig in the near future.
In fact, in the case of CGI in the pool scene, it was easy for me to tell friends and acquaintances it was not her, 'they digitally undressed me like Jessica Alba in a machete' 'that was not me, but I replaced a double' I do not care, that if she appeared in the credits as an actress.
Nigth457 wrote:(I can feel your pain, man!) Sorry, those days are long gone and computer visual effects have spread (like a plague?) over the world. In some cases it is a matter of home-grown cinema seeking to compete for audiences with the invasion of Hollywood blockbusters. I know in particular that Chinese and Korean movies have the CGI, and I have seen Russian and European pictures with it as well. Sometimes it is done badly, as Hollywood has far more money for its FX budgets.

Of course how much of any kind of effects there are in a film depends upon the genre. Fantasy, science fiction, and action movies are more likely to have computer effects because it is safer and cheaper than doing things for "real," or faked by traditional practical effects. If you stick to films that deal with more ordinary, real-life events then you can avoid the FX.
I already saw that coming from the Matrix, the abuse of CGI made it look like a Play Station 2 game, the same the Star wars prequels looked horrible, the CGI fortunately the last trilogy used extras in the imperial army, I see few directors like Cristopher Nolan in the Batman saga did not use CGi in scenes even though it was very expensive I opted for it since it looked more realistic, and I really admire that kind of directors. what I said before is that in non-Hollywood movies this technique will already become common in future films.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote:'that was not me, but I replaced a double' I do not care, that if she appeared in the credits as an actress.
The girl's name in the credits is not her real name. Any number of unscrupulous people can - and will - claim they were the actress because of the potential benefits to their career. People will claim to be a serial killer just for the notoriety... claiming to be the actress in this film is worth much more than that.

Her true name will probably eventually be revealed but there will probably always be a question if it's true.
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:
Sully23 wrote:'that was not me, but I replaced a double' I do not care, that if she appeared in the credits as an actress.
Her true name will probably eventually be revealed but there will probably always be a question if it's true.
The producers of the film can always verify who it was. There are also undoubtedly BTS clips showing her real face, including the audition, which haven't been released per her parents' wishes.

Sully23 wrote:I already saw that coming from the Matrix, the abuse of CGI made it look like a Play Station 2 game, the same the Star wars prequels looked horrible, the CGI fortunately the last trilogy used extras in the imperial army, I see few directors like Cristopher Nolan in the Batman saga did not use CGi in scenes even though it was very expensive I opted for it since it looked more realistic, and I really admire that kind of directors. what I said before is that in non-Hollywood movies this technique will already become common in future films.
I thought The Matrix looked good actually. But we all know what you mean. The original Lord of the Rings movies were visually stunning while The Hobbit series looked terrible, more like a cartoon - live action and practical effects with a little CGI in the right places versus 100% CGI for everything.

It's still very difficult to map one person's image onto another's body if the character is moving around a lot. But if they're sitting or standing in one position it's no longer expensive to do. Little indie films can do it now instead of just big Hollywood productions. Sadly, going forward we won't always know whether a scene was actually filmed as we see it or digitally altered after the fact. :(
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   0 likes

Thank you so much Ghost, to share that movie with us. I'm exited to see it.
And thanks to kev to keep me an hint that the file is now here.
[Image]