Linux and aMule

All hardware and software related discussion topics here. Advice, discussion and opinions on either topic are welcome.
Quickone

Linux and aMule

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

I am in the process of moving over to linux I have aMule wich is the same as eMule but for linux. I just cannot
get the VLC preview function to work in Linux as I do windows.

I have:

/usr/share/vlc/utils/video-vlc-default.sh %PARTFILE

where the player info is. Does anyone here use linux and can give me an idea of how to fix this or wich player to
use?

Quickone
ghost
Site Admin

Re: Linux and aMule

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Sorry, i never used linux in my life.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I set up Linux and aMule on a live USB key but didn't bother to set up VLC with it since I only use it at work and the eMule network is blocked there. Sorry.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

quickone wrote:I have:

/usr/share/vlc/utils/video-vlc-default.sh %PARTFILE

where the player info is. Does anyone here use linux and can give me an idea of how to fix this or wich player to use?
Try it without %PARTFILE.

Another well known player for Linux is MPlayer (I don't recommend to install both VLC and MPlayer at the same time, because they both use the same codecs and upgrading one of them may break the other).

Here is the aMule preview command for MPlayer:

xterm -T "aMule preview" -iconic -e mplayer -idx
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

linux is an old SO but some ppl i know use it
fwtt

Post by fwtt »   0 likes

I'm sorry to bring this up again, but Artho, Old? First of all, Linux is not an operating system, it's the name of the Kernel used in a Linux distribution. There are lots of them, and some are easy to use for beginners (mandriva, ubuntu/kubuntu, Opensuse, Fedora etc ), and then theres distros like: Slackware, Gentoo, Debian etc. for the more advanced user.

And Linus Torvalds, who made the Linux Kernel did so in 1991. Windows was invented by MS during the mid 80's, so it's older than the Linux kernel. So when you're talking old, Windows wins, hands down. I like them both, they are both good, but if i had to choose a favorite, it would be a linux system. 8-)
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I think most people who've never used Linux (or anything other than Windows or Mac) have no idea, and don't really want to know any different. It's not really their fault - how many people have an extra computer, the know-how, AND the desire to set up something other than what they've always used in the past? There's no point getting into a "my computer/OS/whatever is better than yours" argument. Besides, look at the date on Arthorius' post - it's a year old.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

fwtt, you are commenting to someone who doesn't know how a lot of things about emule works. Wasted keystrokes... ;)
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i'm really looking forward to Art's reply. :D