Movie Catalogs

All hardware and software related discussion topics here. Advice, discussion and opinions on either topic are welcome.
Pardal2008

Re: Movie Catalogs

Post by Pardal2008 »   0 likes

When you talk about the disorder with many CDs, so it reminds me that I have to do with the my money order.
Somewhere on a shelf or rack or....

[Image]

Pardal
All the little girls are in love only to me
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

vidman49 wrote:I am glad this thread was reactivated, as I had never run across it before! I did not know there were programs to help catalog movies. I have used excell for a number of years because I have the problem some of you have - I can't remember everything I have. I list the movie name, the time length, the category, the country, and a few other items of interest - plus a rating system of how much I liked the movie.
vidman49 wrote:I am looking up the program mentioned to see about switching over to using it to catalog my movies, though it will be a lot of work at this point if I do the whole thing.
Yes, it's a lot of work, but Ant will import several formats, so if you save your Excel as CSV (you may have to rearrange columns a bit) you may be able to avoid much of the grunt-work. My catalog is nowhere near completely up-to-date except I enter all films and info before moving them from the incoming folder to the shared and to-burn folders. Every so often I go back and update it (like entering which disc films are on :)) but after all these years I'm still only halfway through them. I also enter my own rating 0-10 and special codes for different things so they're easy to search for.

I like some of Ant's other features, like easy lookup of movie info from IMDb and about 100 other movie sites, with easy updating of the scripts when those sites change formats, plus putting cover pix in the records. You can also export to HTML and other formats, and lots of things are customizable. Ant has been very stable and isn't a memory hog - no troubles with it since day one. I like that and I like FREE. :lol:
Pardal2008

Post by Pardal2008 »   0 likes

This soft (Ant Movie Catalog) looks really good, and its controls are intuitive and quite simple.
And it is really free :D .
Now I just force them and start working. The longer I will wait, the more of duplicate files I will have.
Thank you all for your opinions and reactions.
I thought it would be very interested for colleagues to open this thread.
Pardal
All the little girls are in love only to me
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

[Image]
Uh oh, some of those stacks are a little messy. I'll clean them up for you. :cool1
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   0 likes

You guys are crazy. I only have about 100 DVDs and a few hundred movies that I've downloaded and I already have enough movies to last me the rest of my life. When do you find the time to, you know, like watch them? That is the whole point getting movies, isn't it? Isn't it?? :?
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

For An Angel wrote:You guys are crazy. I only have about 100 DVDs and a few hundred movies that I've downloaded and I already have enough movies to last me the rest of my life. When do you find the time to, you know, like watch them? That is the whole point getting movies, isn't it? Isn't it?? :?
You mean you're supposed to actually watch them? :think
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   0 likes

I'm not so sure anymore. Downloading movies is becoming an end unto itself.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Too many movies is never enough for me.

I have a hard time picking what movie to watch and the day I stop loving having too many movies to choose from is the day I will stop collecting them.

Most likely I will die first.

:icon_cool2
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i've got less than a dozen original dvds,none of which have been played in about 10yrs,maybe about 500 movies on hard drive,if there is something i want,i download it,watch it and delete it.windows search is pretty good at finding stuff on my pc,once it's done it's indexing thing.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

I'm such a packrat I still have DOS programs I downloaded in 1982. Hey, I might need them someday. :icon_1idiot