Movie Catalogs

All hardware and software related discussion topics here. Advice, discussion and opinions on either topic are welcome.
vidman49

Re: Movie Catalogs

Post by vidman49 »   0 likes

I estimate that I have watched around 85% of the 2600 purchased DVDs that I own (I have not watched a number of the ones that I watched as downloads but have purchased after watching them and liked them enough to buy them), but then I have been purchasing them over a period of at least 15 years. I estimate that I have watched about 40% of the movies I have burned to DVDs or downloaded onto hard drives. I probably average about 1 1/2 movies per day, possibly a little more, which would come out to over 500 movies per year. Since I have all that time just sitting and watching, I have a treadmill in my theater room and I try to burn between 200-300 calories per day on it while I watch. I don't use it for foreign movies with subtitles as that takes a little more concentration.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Hook your treadmill to a generator and power your theater equipment with it. It gives you incentive to keep running . :twisted:
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Well, I found something that Internet Exploder is better at than Firefox. I mentioned Ant can export your catalog. One of the formats is html - makes for easy browsing and you could post your catalog online (I won't so don't ask :)). There are about two dozen templates with different layouts and you can make your own templates.

I exported to one that includes cover pictures and Firefox choked no matter which template I used - it didn't like 3000+ pictures. IE was able to display the catalog (took a minute with all those pix) and the layout was a little off (descriptions were way offscreen to the right) but it worked. Firefox could load the exports that didn't have cover art and it loaded smaller subsets (you can export the entire catalog, single records, or a partial listing by different criteria) but not the whole list. :( Something to keep in mind.