Having sound/sync problems with AutoGK...

All hardware and software related discussion topics here. Advice, discussion and opinions on either topic are welcome.
kev
Site Admin

Having sound/sync problems with AutoGK...

Post by kev »   0 likes

Just tried to rip a DVD and,while pulling out the VOB and ISO files went fine; when I tried to create an AVI file from the VOB's, using Auto Gordian Knot, the resulting file had the sound a second or two before the image. IE; you hear them say something, then their mouth moves. I tried watching on MPC-HC and VLC and GOM, and they all did the same thing.

THEN I checked the VOB files and the sync is perfect. I haven't had this problem with AutoGK before.. :(

I know with DVD Flick you have Audio Editing capabilities where you can "Ignore audio delay for this track". (Although in this case it's more of a visual delay.) Is there any similar editing capabilities with AutoGK?? Is anyone familiar enough with the program to know what I'm talking about??

I've got a fun movie I'd like to share, but not like this... :(

Any help would be appreciated.

kev.
ghost
Site Admin

Re: Having sound/sync problems with AutoGK...

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Who uses this ancient AutoGK anymore? It is totally out of date (using xvid, divx... mp3 etc.). (AVC or x264 is standard for many years now). But this is a different matter...

You can remux your avi to a mkv container using MKVToolNix. You can set a delay for the audio track, so it fits again to the video.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

ghost wrote:Who uses this ancient AutoGK anymore?
Well, ummm, me. :oops:

Had no idea it was so embarrassingly out-of-date, as it seems to work fine most of the time and no one has specifically complained about my 'old fashioned' releases over the last few years...
ghost wrote:It is totally out of date (using xvid, divx... mp3 etc.). (AVC or x264 is standard for many years now). But this is a different matter...
Let's make it this matter. Is there a more up-to-date free program that is similar to AutoGK and is as easy to use as AutoGK?

As I've said before, I'm still pretty much a novice with all this, and have been happy to find programs such as DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink and AutoGK that allowed me to rip DVD's and be able to make contributions to FLM. Being that they seem to work well in most cases, I haven't seen any need to upgrade while trying to 'keep up with the Jones'es'..

I appreciate you posting a suggestion, ghost, and if there are better programs out there, even at a slight cost, I'd love to know about them.

kev.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   1 likes

It doesn't get much easier than HandBrake. In fact it is what most rippers use that post on the torrent scene.(including me).
Offers the new x265 encoding and the most commonly preferred h264, plays on Android devices and most PC media players and in most cases it can decrypt and rip straight from the dvd or blu-ray. Most important offers a better high definition playback than ancient xvid.... :P

:)

I know this has been discussed before with several people having great success with this user friendly program.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Gotta agree with PTG here, I use HandBrake, all the time. I'm on a Mac and we have quite a few options but gotta stick with Handbrake. It offers a lot of options and it hardly ever fails. Encodes play safe on XBOX, PS4, PC, Mac, Popcorn, iTunes, Plex, NAS, ROKU, Windoes10 - you name it. Combined with VLC you can't go wrong. :)

Don't go quietly into the night.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Handbrake is a good choice and easy to use.

I suggest also XMedia Recode ( http://www.xmedia-recode.de/en/index.html)

It can convert any input format to any output format and has a lot of options. And it is free.

Avidemux is also one of the best I know, but not so easy to use. It has some good filters ( http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/ ).
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:It doesn't get much easier than HandBrake.... :)

..I know this has been discussed before with several people having great success with this user friendly program.
Now that you mention it, I seem to remember reading something about HandBrake also. (Some time ago..) I guess I didn't associate it with AutoGK, though it was probably thoroughly hashed out. I'm not the most observant sod.. :lol:

Thanks Ptg, ghost and popdrome for your responses and information. I've downloaded the programs and look forward to playing working with them. ;) :thumbsup

kev.