[REL] Sky Trackers (1990)

Jacen

[REL] Sky Trackers (1990)

Post by Jacen »   1 likes

Does anyone have this TV movie? It's been posted elsewhere a few years ago, but the links are dead and there's nothing on emule or torrent either. :(

Sky Trackers (1990)

Summary from IMDB:
NASA's Tidbinbilla Tracking station in Australia prepares for the re-entry of a decaying satellite containing a dangerous biological experiment. It is decided to bring it down near the station, for which job Dr Tony Masters has been brought in to assist Dr Spencer. At the same time, and unknown to her, Dr Spencer's daughter Ali has been using her computer to hack in to the station and reprogram the dish to communicate with a decommissioned satellite. Meanwhile, an unscrupulous industrial espionage agent, has penetrated the station and is preparing to take charge of the re-entry process, causing havoc and a chase through the Australian countryside to find the potentially deadly satellite.

Ali is played by Maia Brewton:

The wonder years: Don't You Know Anything About Women? (1990)
[Image]

Adventures in Babysitting (1987)
[Image]

Back to the Future (1985)
[Image]

Thanks! :)
ptguardian

Re: [REQ] Sky Trackers (1990)

Post by ptguardian »   1 likes

I have both the movie and the TV series. Stay tuned... ;)
Jacen

I await with bated breath!! :icon_1dancingban
Thanks for your help ptguardian! :)
ptguardian

Dvd is not a great transfer but better than the vhs-rip floating about and has decent sound. I have done a few rips but play back not what I am happy with. Will post when one is decent. Soon enough.

Girls are real cute. Also the series is a lot of fun and will post that after I get the movie released.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   30 likes

The dvd itself has playback issues and I have been having a hard time fixing for a rip I am happy with. :wall Until I get it sorted I will release the vhs rip. It is very watchable and a smooth play back. I also have the TV series queued and ready as soon as this gets shared out. 8-)

Like this post to see ed2k links  [399.97 Mb]

:D

Enjoy
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Sky Trackers (1990)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Thanks!
donkeykog

Post by donkeykog »   1 likes

I second that thanks! :D And thanks to Jacen for bringing it to our attention!
Jacen

Thanks for all your hard work ptguardian! :)
I'm looking forward to future updates!
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Thanks for bringing us this Maia Brewton treat, Ptg!! :thumbsup

I loved her in 'Adventures in Babysitting' and always wondered what what else she might have done. (Although, I guess I sort of forgot about her through the years as far as finding other films she might have appeared in..)

It looks like she mostly did one night stands in other TV series until 'Parker Lewis Can't Lose'. 'Sky Trackers' was one of her few films, and it too seems to have been 'made for television'.. Oh well, I thought she was cute, and not the worst little actress around.. :think
ptguardian wrote:The dvd itself has playback issues...
Do you have the NTSC release of this DVD or the PAL? I've found both, and am interested in getting a copy...

Thanks again jacen and Ptg for bringing Sky Trackers to FLM!

kev.
ptguardian

I have the NTSC. It is a dvdr and was obviously encoded poorly. :twisted: The problems are quirky playback and audio progressively going out of sync through out the film. I can fix playback easy enough but the out of sync is the bugger. Usually I can fix this with virtual dub but so far no luck. I still have a few methods I have not tried and when time allows I will pursue further.