Beloved films on Blu-Ray

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
infiniter

Beloved films on Blu-Ray

Post by infiniter »   0 likes

Can we make this a sticky? :cool

I want to gather information if any of the movies that are listed here on this board are also available on Blu-Ray and, if possible, a quality rating.
I think it would be best to name them as:
Original name, country of origin, country of release of the Blu-Ray, languages on Blu-Ray, availability in stores, quality, subs

I start with:

1. Madicken pa Junibacken, Sweden, 2009, swe, www.discshop.se : very good, swe/fin/dan
2. Die wilden Hühner, Germany, 2009, ger, www.amazon.de : very good, ?
3. Die wilden Hühner und die Liebe, Germany, 2009, ger, www.amazon.de : very good, ?
4. Die wilden Hühner und das Leben, Germany, 2009, ger, www.amazon.de : very good, ?
5. Der Bader-Meinhof-Komplex, Germany, 2009, ger, www.amazon.de : very good, ?
6. Flickan, Sweden, 2009, swe, www.discshop.se : very good, en/swe/fin/dan
7. Leon - The professional, 2009, en/ger, Amazon DE/UK/US, very good, various

These are not rare, I know. But it migh be that in some countries there are rare Blu-Rays available in small stores, that don't have high quality, but at least
one better than DVD. Whereas nowadays many re-releases of former DVD releases appear with much better quality.
I'm dreaming of a Blu-Ray of Maladolescenza, for example, or the first Madicken/Madita movie.

Go on guys and tell us what you found/know/bought on Blu-Ray
For myself, I have Leon, Flickan and Madicken on BD, the others of those 7 listed above I got as MKV (720p or 1080p), most of them still available on eMule/Usenet.
ptguardian

Re: Beloved films on Blu-Ray

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

i certainly see the interest of upgrading to blu-ray of FLM films. a lot of the newer films released within in the past year are on blu-ray. the list of what i have is very long and if further interest on this subject is found by more members i could give some individual opinion.

i could think of thousands upon thousands that need remastered. but i think best to stick with what is currently available.

a few that i own are Hounddog, life of bees, Pheobe in wonderland,Diary of a wimpy kid, Kick-ass, the runaways, St tritians, Goonies and many many more. all i listed are great quality.

i am quite sure a lot of movies here on this site are on blu-ray.... perhaps you could elaborate as why you would want this as a sticky.:think better quality is great and is always welcome.

as a collector i certainly in most cases buy blu-ray over dvd. but i am going to limit what i bring here (rips are to large). i can think of a few rare ones that i released that did not share well :(

:)
infiniter

Post by infiniter »   0 likes

Yeah, but I was talking about releases on Bluray. Only some of the ones you mentioned came out on Bluray and some of them (Goonies, The runaways, St. Trinians) can not really be called coming-of-age movies, since the age of the main actors has already come, like slutty Dakota, or are off-topic. ;)

Oh, and, by the way, we should perhaps limit it to movies where it is highly recommended to have a better quality and resolution, if ya know what I mean. Ontopic scenes, if possible.
At least girls in underwear or leotards or something. :drool
ptguardian

alright then how about the spy next door and hounddog. they both have OT scenes. as for the coming-of-age movies. i think you already know where you stand on that. :think although your point i am sure still is a good one as far as BLU-RAY goes..... pause, pause, step, step, slow, slow.....LOL

:)
whohas

Post by whohas »   0 likes

(sorry to bump an old post but I must comment)

Firstly, The Spy Next Door (2010 with jackie chan?) I dont remember any OT scenes? Could you remind me? :)

Secondly, there are some films that come on blu-ray with scenes that could be called "OT content" where it was not visible or noticed in dvd quality (eg, leon, jurassic park (blu-ray coming out october 2011)), do these movies then "become" OT and worth of mention/upload when bluray version comes out?

Hell, even adams family had this scene, would it count as OT when its in bluray in high detail?

[Image]
ptguardian

whohas wrote:(sorry to bump an old post but I must comment)
Firstly, The Spy Next Door (2010 with jackie chan?) I dont remember any OT scenes? Could you remind me? :)
most people probably never saw it even if they watched it a few times. I saw it on the dvdrip and it is very clear on the Blu-ray. here is a hint 'tossing around , floor and loose clothing' ;)

To answer about the rest you said about OT is a matter of perspective. it is different for everyone. my original response was to infiniter and what I could assume was his idea of it and a few films that contained such.
whohas

oooh cool, I'll be sure to check it out! again!! Don't u find that when you are just watching the movie and not looking for scenes of interest, that you miss these scenes? Thats why I watched leon so many times... (well, mostly the reason, other reason is that its just an awsome film anyway!)

(ps, as example of what I mean, enjoy the "interesting" bits from bluray rip I just posted here from leon https://www.first-loves.com/forums/v ... 6&start=30 )

don't u just LOVE blu ray!!! :thumbsup
ptguardian

Leon has always been a favorite. Thanks to Natalie and Chloe I have this thing about girls that Kick Ass. ;)

Yes I love blu-ray too and not just for the picture. the sound many times makes a movie come more alive. on the same line of thought you may like the idea of taking sound and video clips from a movie. I have found many things someone said, made a sound or a unique action that was made became very interesting when taken out of context. ;)
whohas

downlaoded the 1080 version of the spy next door scanned through it quickly, only scenes I can think of that match what you describe are the fight the bro+sis have near the start, and when jackie chan is getting the pyjamas on the little girl

EDIT: tidied up by request.
ptguardian

You haven't posted in a while and most of what you posted today is in the direction of in your face forwardness and this site has evolved pass this. considering how long you have been a member I have to wonder what your motivation is. a little overly excited perhaps?

a little discretion is advised. ;)