Beloved films on Blu-Ray

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
loverboy

Re: Beloved films on Blu-Ray

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

We used to have a thread for suitable clips when the complete movie didn't warrant a standalone release, suggested by the long-departed terry666.....

https://www.first-loves.com/forums/v ... ght=#17890

lb
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

whohas wrote:EDIT: tidied up by request.
Well spotted, though [Image]
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote: face forwardness
that's a new one for me,i quite like it though,must remember that.
whohas

Post by whohas »   0 likes

on a separate note regarding blu-ray releases, most of the rips are over 2gb even when highly compressed and in 720p, where mule can no longer support them, right? :(

I know it was mentioned some years back and the idea immediately shut down, but would torrenting releases ever be a good idea looking forward? We could even use a private tracker for registered members of this site only (if we use ratio sharing quotas or not is up to the admins)
Maybe something simliar to http://thebox.bz/ they have a requests posts section, stats to see what's in high/low demand etc, and all sorts of funky tools, nice to have although not really necessary I guess :P

Or we could split releases into giant 2gb (or 1gb?) files on mule I guess is another way around the problem, but I dunno if ppl will like that.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

There's no inherent size limit on eMule files that I know of - there have been 6GB and even 9GB blu-ray rips posted. The major drawback is the amount of time needed to download these monsters, especially for bandwidth-limited people like me... and my upload speed is pathetic so I can't contribute back as much as I'd like. I hesitate to download even 1½ GB DVD rips unless there are lots of sources, and only share stuff with less than 7 or 8 sources to keep the rare ones alive.

We've discussed using torrents. I don't think the regulars here have much interest in doing that, but I could be wrong.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

As far as I know there is no size limit with Emule.

Those of us that have very fast upload know that as long as others here are sharing at high speed a large file can be had in reasonable time. I feel it is important to note more of us every year can do these faster speeds. as such the acceptable file size has increased and will continue to. it wasn't that long ago that anything over a gig had a few gripes. now it is very common to have 2 gigs or more. blu-ray and faster broadband is becoming the standard so larger rips are only natural and so is the increased capability of obtaining them with Emule.

As far as torrents go it has to many draw backs and cannot guarantee the longevity that Emule can. it is also part of the unique character of FLM. I for one have zero interest in torrents here.

:)
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

There used to be a 4GB filesize limit on eMule. At the time the most commonly used OS filesystem (FSAT32) also had a 4GB limit, so it was no big deal.

The eMule size limit was removed long ago, only very old versions would have problems today. Newer OSs also have effectively removed the 4GB file size limit (e.g. NTFS). Though there are a lot of people out there who still have FAT32 drives which can't handle >4GB files.