Complaints about me

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
infiniter

Re: Complaints about me

Post by infiniter »   0 likes

idler wrote:Na ja, manchmal sind Deine Kommentare ganz schön heftig. Könnte auch daran liegen, dass Englisch nicht Deine starke Seite ist... :argue
Meinst du mich? Wenn ja, dann sollst du wissen, daß ich auch höfliche, ausführliche und sehr komplizierte Kommentare in Englisch drauf hätte (ich mache beruflich technische Übersetzungen ins Englische). Sooo schlecht ist mein Englisch daher nicht. Zumindest hatte ich immer eine Eins in der Schule.

Nur, was hat das damit zu tun, was und wie ich hier kommentiere? Ich sage, was ich denke. Kurz und knapp. Was ist an "scheiß Film" oder "miese Qualität" falsch zu verstehen? Sollte man sagen "inadequater Zelluloidstreifen" oder "subordinäre, visuelle Konsistenz"? Das würde die die vielen Hauptschüler hier, die keinen Satz fehlerfrei schreiben können, ganz schön überfordern... Und auch wenn das arrogant klingen mag (es ist realistisch), aber ich bin nicht dazu da, es allen recht zu machen. Nur weil sich gleich irgendwer von den Sissies angepißt fühlt. Das passiert eh nur, weil man sich selbst immer grenzenlos überschätzt und meint, wenn man mal in tagelanger Arbeit eine VHS-Kassette in mehr als inakzeptabler Qualität auf den PC bringt, sowas von stolz auf sich sein müßte. Weia...
infiniter

billanben wrote:Well Infiniter - you achieved what you set out to do - you are centre stage again :-)
I never was and just because I never want to be - that's why I don't post so much.

It simply pisses me off when people post a release, so damn proud of themselves, and then eagerly wait for elations and thankyous. Not my style. The one who posts most awaited movie is the man of the day. :hand
infiniter

billanben wrote: So what about it Infiniter - post us some of YOUR stuff (assuming it does not contravene the rules of this forum).
Good point. I do, but not always personally. If I find a movie that could be interesting, I think about releasing it here or not. Mostly I cancel my intention and tell Ghost about the movie or let him get it from me (if I'm currently the first one that has it because I bought a DVD etc.). And then he sometimes decides to release it. A kind of job sharing. Just for your interest: I was the one who created the rolling flash banner above.
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

infiniter wrote:
billanben wrote: So what about it Infiniter - post us some of YOUR stuff (assuming it does not contravene the rules of this forum).
Good point. I do, but not always personally. If I find a movie that could be interesting, I think about releasing it here or not. Mostly I cancel my intention and tell Ghost about the movie or let him get it from me (if I'm currently the first one that has it because I bought a DVD etc.). And then he sometimes decides to release it. A kind of job sharing. Just for your interest: I was the one who created the rolling flash banner above.
Well I can forgive everything else but....:-)

Seriously, what I find now is that even if I find what I think would be of interest here, I usually download at least a decent preview and then, as you say, think about whether to release or not. I personally prefer GM, but have some wonderful coming of age BMs as well - I have no problem as long as the story, scenery, acting are all good. Invariably I find now the film has already been released here !

This IS a community, and the recent post of top 10s (didn't see yours there btw), shows how much of a community this is, and what a fantastic resource this has become - absolutely unique. There is banter- and that is also healthy as long as it is not personal. I don't think people EXPECT to get praise, but equally, with some nervous newcomers and old stagers alike, if encouragement is received then they know they are posting interesting stuff. Conversely, if what is posted is off-topic, I have no issues with reminding them of the goals of this forum.

I have enjoyed your posts in the past, and would like to continue to do so. I don't know what the answer is - you feel there is too much dross being posted, but to some, these are interesting films. That is the good thing about choice - if you don't like it nobody is forcing you to download it.
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

idler wrote:Na ja, manchmal sind Deine Kommentare ganz schön heftig. Könnte auch daran liegen, dass Englisch nicht Deine starke Seite ist... :argue
très drôle......
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

très drôle......
.......and many years ago :lol:
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Triela wrote:très drôle......
Do YOU have anything of value to add or release?
Rich_Visiting

Post by Rich_Visiting »   0 likes

lol infiniter was so stubborn, but I think just from a different generation. Would be nice to talk to him again; i'm on PM but don't come here often.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Rich_Visiting wrote:lol infiniter was so stubborn, but I think just from a different generation. Would be nice to talk to him again; i'm on PM but don't come here often.
Too many of the mainstay regulars never came back when FLM went down in 2011.
Rich_Visiting

Post by Rich_Visiting »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:
Rich_Visiting wrote:lol infiniter was so stubborn, but I think just from a different generation. Would be nice to talk to him again; i'm on PM but don't come here often.
Too many of the mainstay regulars never came back when FLM went down in 2011.
I guess people do move on as their life situations change. Maybe a few will come back, even just to just to say hi :D