Philosophy of FLM

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
Rich_Visiting

Philosophy of FLM

Post by Rich_Visiting »   1 likes

It was some time ago that me and ghost came together and haphazardly set up FLM (he had the files I had the, well, search ability; I would spend 12+ hours a day searching on the ed2k network, then cross reference with several other websites). To ask whether something has been helpful or not I guess may seem a little strange. In the early days, when everything was available it was only those who had experienced everthing that were drawn to FLM.... (to be continued)...
Rich_Visiting

Re: Philosophy of FLM

Post by Rich_Visiting »   0 likes

... I guess it comes down to the "drawn" aspect... I know for a fact that many members (idler/infiniter) appreciated the DDR movies...
Rich_Visiting

FLM helped a lot of people at the time to offer an alternative to certain things. To myself when I had seen everything the pain was too much. FLM can develop forward in so many ways.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

And that started in 2004 :shock: I just can't believe that all these years have passed so fast! :o

These were exiting times...
Rich_Visiting

ghost wrote:And that started in 2004 :shock: I just can't believe that all these years have passed so fast! :o

These were exiting times...
The internet was definately a different place back then! Can't say it has really changed for the better haha But it's great to see FLM still activa and nice to stop by!
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   1 likes

Rich_Visiting wrote:...To myself when I had seen everything the pain was too much...
:shock: Don't know if that's a-bit-'o-the-drink talkin', but I hope things are working better for you now. :?

I met you in another chat site and you brought me here. I've always felt a bit indebted to you for that, as film has always been a big part of my life and FLM has allowed me a sanctuary to enjoy movies of a genre I love watching. Movies that most of my friends in RL are not as appreciative of.

I hope you're doing well through this global crisis. Your presence is missed and it's always appreciated when you stop by to say 'Hey'.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

kev.
Rich_Visiting

Post by Rich_Visiting »   0 likes

kev wrote:
Rich_Visiting wrote:...To myself when I had seen everything the pain was too much...
:shock: Don't know if that's a-bit-'o-the-drink talkin', but I hope things are working better for you now. :?
Yes the drink was talking lol, it was a long time ago and of course with age comes a more settled outlook on life and acceptance of ones own nature. The topic is certainly relevant today also, as young people still continue to get caught up in things they shouldn't, behaviour changes and needs develop. This can literally destroy their lives. I would like to think that FLM may offer an alternative path in that sense.
kev wrote:I met you in another chat site and you brought me here. I've always felt a bit indebted to you for that, as film has always been a big part of my life and FLM has allowed me a sanctuary to enjoy movies of a genre I love watching. Movies that most of my friends in RL are not as appreciative of.
Pleased that FLM has helped you through life and given enjoyment from some rare films in the genre.
kev wrote:I hope you're doing well through this global crisis. Your presence is missed and it's always appreciated when you stop by to say 'Hey'.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

kev.
Thanks kev. I like to stop by and see how FLM is doing, but I don't think it will become a consistent part of my life again, well never say never!
Pardal2008

Post by Pardal2008 »   1 likes

I don't remember who brought me here. But thank you all that it still works here.
All the little girls are in love only to me