Any idea how to make a local backup of FLM?

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
Terrysherry

Any idea how to make a local backup of FLM?

Post by Terrysherry »   0 likes

What are some ways to make a full backup of this site or other similar sites? I am asking just in case it goes down at some point in future, hopefully it won't but if it does, I would still have something to browse and search for because I have only seen some half a dozen movie till now.

Is HTTRACK good? How much disk space will I need to back up full site including/excluding images on FLM? Wayback Machine is not convenient way to browse a whole site. What are other ways to back it up? Thanks.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: Any idea how to make a local backup of FLM?

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Terrysherry wrote:What are some ways to make a full backup of this site or other similar sites? I am asking just in case it goes down at some point in future, hopefully it won't but if it does, I would still have something to browse and search for because I have only seen some half a dozen movie till now.

Is HTTRACK good? How much disk space will I need to back up full site including/excluding images on FLM? Wayback Machine is not convenient way to browse a whole site. What are other ways to back it up? Thanks.
We make backups of FLM every week. If it goes offline, copies are in widely different places - once the software itself is set up, a backup can be restored and we're back online again. Since most pictures are stored on other sites like imgur, few would be lost, and we don't host any films at all.

I've used HTTrack before and it's useful for offline viewing. Depending on how many links deep you set it to capture such as all the pictures, the disk space needed would be substantial.
Zorijer

Post by Zorijer »   1 likes

I don't think HTTRACK would get the emule links from posts you haven't 'Liked'.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Zorijer wrote:I don't think HTTRACK would get the emule links from posts you haven't 'Liked'.
Correct. The "Like" system is there not only to show your appreciation of the releaser but also to limit leechers who give back nothing, not even sharing what they've downloaded - which IS a contribution. It's the "Thank you" so many people won't give otherwise.

One reason eMule has lasted so long is because files are available for years, not just months or even days. Otherwise, you'd only find a few of the films posted here. Many many people have given their time and effort to compile all these films. It would be a shame if those efforts were wasted.