Movie tips?

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
Dkjhpm

Movie tips?

Post by Dkjhpm »   0 likes

I recently watched Ulvesommer and I'm looking for tips on other movies, in any genre, that feature tough/cool girls aged 10-12 (she doesn't have to be the main character but she should be a main character) and that include scenes with the girl that are similar to the most interesting scene in that movie.

By tough/cool girl I mean that she should preferably be at least 3 of the following (but its definately not necessary for her to be all of them):
Popular, adventurous, brave, tomboyish, cheerful, precocious, arrogant, determined, self-confident
She should preferably not be:
Immature, whiny, insecure, timid
Last edited by Dkjhpm on Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
ghost
Site Admin

Re: Movie tips?

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Why don't you just browse this forum? ;)

Good sources arre https://www.rarefilmfinder.com and https://lostmoviesarchive.com
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

I was about to say the same thing.. LOL ghost. :icon_alc

The whole pleasure of looking up "scenes" you like (and from the top of my head I can't recall the 'interesting' scenes from the movie you mention, while I surely ripped it), is going through these forums, looking up the article, and download to see! :icon_mf_type

Like, for instance, the criteria you mention there, I'm sure there's hundreds of films that match, including shorts!

And here's my point: what's interesting to you, might not be, to somebody else.

Don't go quietly into the night.
Dkjhpm

Post by Dkjhpm »   0 likes

I'm not asking for movies that I woud enjoy, I'm asking for movies that meet specific and quite objective criteria, which are hard and very time-consuming to determine by just reading about the movies but very easy and quick to determine for someone who has seen the movies (if they understand what I mean) - then I can decide myself if I'll watch them or not. I've edited my original post to make the criteria even more specific. I have a long list of candidate movies but find it hard to decide whch ones to watch from the written information I can find about them (and there are surely more that I've missed on my list).
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

The only thing I can say is that pages like rarefilmfinder or https://www.childrenincinema.com/ have tags that simplify searches such as First kiss (if you like love topics) or kidnapping (if you are looking for something more dramatic)

I also looked for the same in my beginning and to find I went searching for each FLM forum every day I check there for all tastes
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

How about this one, Ana was already 13 but young looking ;): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCjlubLJcxk
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   1 likes

Dkjhpm wrote:I recently watched Ulvesommer and I'm looking for tips on other movies, in any genre, that feature tough/cool girls aged 10-12 (she doesn't have to be the main character but she should be a main character) and that include scenes with the girl that are similar to the most interesting scene in that movie.

By tough/cool girl I mean that she should preferably be at least 3 of the following (but its definately not necessary for her to be all of them):
Popular, adventurous, brave, tomboyish, cheerful, precocious, arrogant, determined, self-confident
Sounds like you like 'strong-willed' girls.. :think Geeze, there's sooo many:
(Some films are drama, some comedy, some family; some younger girls, some older)
((ALL of these movies are HERE: :) ))

~Most of the 'American Girl' movies
~The original Pipi Longstocking movies
~The Secret Garden
~The Little Princess
~My Little Princess AKA I'm not a Fucking Princess (2011)
~Knofje (2001)
~Embrasse-moi (1989)
~Whale Rider
~Tiger Bay
~Whistle Down the Wind
~Pollyanna
~Skyggen af Emma AKA Emma's Shadow
~Angela
~Eve and the Fire Horse (2005)
~Ulvepigen Tinke AKA Little Big Girl (2002)
~The BFG
~Le Renard et L'Enfant AKA The Fox and the Girl(2007)
~Kid Svensk (2007)
~My Queen Karo (2009)
~Der Sommer des Falken (1987)
~Akeelah and the Bee
~Because of Winn-Dixie

That's just the tip of the iceberg.. :shock: This list is sort of scatter-shot, across the spectrum; I'd list more, but I gotta get to work... ;)

kev.
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

kev wrote:Sounds like you like 'strong-willed' girls.. :think Geeze, there's sooo many:
That leads to an interesting question: who is here the 'strong-willed' girl? Big mouthed horselifting Pippi or the clever and responsible Annika? :think I'm not at all biased as you see ... :lol:
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   1 likes

Warg wrote:
kev wrote:Sounds like you like 'strong-willed' girls.. :think Geeze, there's sooo many:
That leads to an interesting question: who is here the 'strong-willed' girl? Big mouthed horselifting Pippi or the clever and responsible Annika? :think I'm not at all biased as you see ... :lol:
I hear you, warg! :lol:

I, personally [being biased ;) ], lean to Annika purely on the shallow basis that I think she's cuter than Pipi. (PLUS she wasn't shy about going topless when the circumstances called for it.. :shock: ) HOWEVER; she had a tendency to complain about things at times AND she got herself into situations that Pipi had to rescue her from... :think

All things considered, I think that our new member [Mr. Random Letter Guy] would probably be drawn to Pipi precisely for the reasons you mentioned as well as her fitting the other criteria he set forth:
Mr. Random Letter Guy wrote:By tough/cool girl I mean that she should preferably be at least 3 of the following (but its definately not necessary for her to be all of them):
kev.

OH!! Some more movies that came to mind:

~Árvácska AKA Nobody's Daughter (1976)
~Égigérö fü (1979)
~Ronja Rövardotter (1984)
~ALL the movies, TV series that deal with Madicken (1979) AND:
~Just about any film based on the works of Astrid Lindgren
~The Golden Compass (2007)
~His Dark Materials (2019)
~Lumikuningatar (1986)
~Camino (2008)
~Beasts of the Southern Wild (2012)
~Bare skyer beveger stjernene (1998)
~Trollsyn (1994)
~Løperjenten (1981)
~El Laberinto del Fauno AKA Pan's Labyrinth (2006)
~Wadjda (2012)
~Celia 1992 (miniseries)
~Celia AKA Child of Terror (1988)
~Pretty Baby (1978)
~Entre La Tarde Y La Noche (2000)
~Vigil (1984)
~Veneno para las hadas (1984)
~ P (2005)
~Elisa antes del fin del mundo (1997)
~Hey Babe! (1980)
~Tainá - Uma Aventura na Amazônia (2001)
~Tainá 2 - A Aventura Continua (2004)
~Tainá 3 - A Origem (2012)
~Jeg er Dina (2002) [Only the first 30 mins of this lavishly epic film deal with Dina as a child..]
~Jag är Maria (1979)
~El Nido AKA The Nest (1980)
~Las mantenidas sin sueños AKA Kept and Dreamless (2005) [ One of my FAVES!! ]
~Punky Brewster (1984) [American made TV-series; hokey, even stupid at times, but you can't help but LOVE Punky! PUNKY POWER!!!]
~Bastard Out of Carolina (1996)
~Tideland (2006)
~Bridge to Terabithia (2007)

Again, a scattershot list: By NO means 'comprehensive'; more of a movies-that-come-to-mind-when-I-think-of-other-movies type thing.. (And again; you can find ALL of these movies right here at FLM!! :bigups )

If these types of movies are NOT what you're looking for [mrlg]; oh well... I tried. Search on! :roll:

kev.
ferdi111

Post by ferdi111 »   0 likes