Movie tips?

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
ferdi111

Re: Movie tips?

Post by ferdi111 »   0 likes

Maybe I am not too original but "Ponette" is also quite good https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117359/
and "Chocolate" with the same actress although she isn't maybe central character there https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0241303/
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

fertoooss wrote:I'm not asking for movies that I woud enjoy, I'm asking for movies that meet specific and quite objective criteria, which are hard and very time-consuming to determine by just reading about the movies but very easy and quick to determine for someone who has seen the movies
On page 1 of this thread we find:
Dkjhpm wrote:I'm not asking for movies that I woud enjoy, I'm asking for movies that meet specific and quite objective criteria, which are hard and very time-consuming to determine by just reading about the movies but very easy and quick to determine for someone who has seen the movies (if they understand what I mean) - then I can decide myself if I'll watch them or not. I've edited my original post to make the criteria even more specific. I have a long list of candidate movies but find it hard to decide whch ones to watch from the written information I can find about them (and there are surely more that I've missed on my list).
Obviously the author wanted to answer on a previous post but instead he fiddled with the quotation function and forgot to tell us what he intended to say. Though this is somewhat hard to imagine ... :?
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Warg wrote:Obviously the author wanted to answer on a previous post but instead he fiddled with the quotation function and forgot to tell us what he intended to say. Though this is somewhat hard to imagine ... :?
He's probably the same person. There are more than 9300 topics to look at so he has lots to choose from.
fertoooss wrote:then I can decide myself if I'll watch them or not. I've edited my original post to make the criteria even more specific. I have a long list of candidate movies but find it hard to decide whch ones to watch from the written information I can find about them (and there are surely more that I've missed on my list).
Why not watch them all and make his own opinions? It's not our responsibility to spoon feed him, especially when he won't say what he's looking for. It's probably pr0n or he's just screwing with us. I'm done.
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:He's probably the same person.
In that case the shortness and the cut and paste style of his message would be extremely insolent ... :shock:
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:
Warg wrote:Obviously the author wanted to answer on a previous post but instead he fiddled with the quotation function and forgot to tell us what he intended to say. Though this is somewhat hard to imagine ... :?
He's probably the same person.
A bot, I would think...
Dkjhpm

Post by Dkjhpm »   0 likes

fertoooss is not me. I am as clueless as you are about why fertoooss just copy-pasted a part of my post. Not that I have much reason to care about my "reputation" on a website that I only use rarely and where I deliberately chose my username to be undecipherable.
Warg

Post by Warg »   1 likes

Dkjhpm wrote:I deliberately chose my username to be undecipherable.
You are right. I should not use my ID card photo as an avatar any longer ... :lol:
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Dkjhpm wrote:... I deliberately chose my username to be undecipherable.
Just a note of caution. We, and I'm sure many other boards, delete usernames that appear random because they're almost always bots. FLM gets hit with lots of spambots that have to be removed so they don't gum up the works, so to speak. I almost zapped your ID when you logged on the first time but didn't because it didn't look quite like a spammer ID after looking at the user info. Just thought I'd alert you in case that happens to you on other boards. We don't intend to be mean, it's just common sense protection.
Lefevre

Post by Lefevre »   0 likes

You can never be too careful. Getting back to movie suggestions, I reluctantly watched Parasite the other day and I actually liked it quite a bit.