Question for eMule vets

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
Tiny Blondie

Re: Question for eMule vets

Post by Tiny Blondie »   0 likes

Thanks for the replies. I understand better now the reason of the choice. I used eMule many years ago, that's correct its index remains huge, so a lot of choice. Yet, it still has issues, like: it is the most monitored sharing system, no way to efficiently hide your real IP, you have to be online for hours, days, weeks or months to get something, for those without Internet at home (like me), it's impossible.

Regarding ddl: there are hosts that are free (no Premium needed), pretty fast (for up and dl) and safe (work with proxies, VPN or Tor) and can be used without any potential unsafe scripts (like js, JAVA, Flash, …).

Because of the main topic of this board, it seems the most important point to protect is our respective IP, but unfortunately eMule does not provide any effective means to protect it, even when combined with Tor
https://tor.stackexchange.com/questions ... connection

If ever FLM would decide to enlarge its way of sharing (after all what is important is sharing not the means we use to do it ;) ), just let me know and I would be happy to provide you with a list of free, fast and safe files hosting.
Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

As mentioned before, we allow other download links beside the ed2k net. But FLM is based on eMule and we won't change it.

If you are concerned about privacy using eMule, you can hide your IP using an VPN service.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

ghost wrote:As mentioned before, we allow other download links beside the ed2k net. But FLM is based on eMule and we won't change it.

If you are concerned about privacy using eMule, you can hide your IP using an VPN service.
Except you won't get highid using vpn so file transfers are MUCH slower.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Except you won't get highid using vpn so file transfers are MUCH slower.
That's not true. There are VPNs that allow port forwarding, like AirVPN. There is no difference in speed and the behaviour of eMule.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Didn"t know that, will have to check it out.
Tiny Blondie

Post by Tiny Blondie »   0 likes

Naturally I respect your choice, no problem ;)

This is off topic but people should know that in fact the use of VPN are only good to bypass censorship but should not be considered as a serious tool as far as anonymity is concerned. All of them are legally forced to keep the logs of your activities (even those pretending they don't, it's just a marketing argument, nothing else, they have no choice to comply with the law or shut down their business). There are well-known cases with IPVanish, PureVPN, HotShield, etc. https://restoreprivacy.com/vpn-logs-lies/. Actually the strongest anonymity tool remaining is Tor (even against State actors), it's correct that even some of those using it have been apprehended but it did not come from flaws in the network itself but from poor security settings on their side, stupid mistakes in the clearnet, etc.

Anyway, thanks for running this beautiful board that seems to be the oldest of its kind. For 2 years I was only aware of the index at https://www.first-loves.com/ but never had the curiosity to click on “Enter FLM”, just thought it was leading to the same index. A “Please join our forum” would have helped to find the gate to Even :D
Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta.
jackiechan123

Post by jackiechan123 »   0 likes

Tiny Blondie wrote:Naturally I respect your choice, no problem ;)

This is off topic but people should know that in fact the use of VPN are only good to bypass censorship but should not be considered as a serious tool as far as anonymity is concerned. All of them are legally forced to keep the logs of your activities (even those pretending they don't, it's just a marketing argument, nothing else, they have no choice to comply with the law or shut down their business). There are well-known cases with IPVanish, PureVPN, HotShield, etc. https://restoreprivacy.com/vpn-logs-lies/. Actually the strongest anonymity tool remaining is Tor (even against State actors), it's correct that even some of those using it have been apprehended but it did not come from flaws in the network itself but from poor security settings on their side, stupid mistakes in the clearnet, etc.

Anyway, thanks for running this beautiful board that seems to be the oldest of its kind. For 2 years I was only aware of the index at https://www.first-loves.com/ but never had the curiosity to click on “Enter FLM”, just thought it was leading to the same index. A “Please join our forum” would have helped to find the gate to Even :D
Lol. VPN is indeed better, Tor has problems with Netflix as an example. However, not every VPN works with netflix. Hotspotshield, PureVPN.. I am not so sure about those :lol:
fjallravn

Post by fjallravn »   0 likes

Also I'd recommend https://cooltechzone.com/popcorn-time-vpn VPN, it's a great substitution for Netflix.