About OT and OFFT

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
ARTHORIUS

About OT and OFFT

Post by ARTHORIUS »   2 likes

Hi guys due to receive lot of requests to explain my point of view that is and i write this post to clarify the spirit of this forum.
This is a movie forum...when im joined the admins told me that this forum was born like a movie forum with coming of age rare movies.
During the time the forum has changed (in well) with introduction of short movies, documentaries, music videos...and this was ok for me...is the progress...
The oldest admins Rich Deb and Kev told me always "...everything you can post for community and that you think is relevant you can post".
Then was created the section OFFTOPIC for all movies that have children in the cast but not have relevant screentime.
The "spirit" of this forum is this. Maybe a movie offtopic for the not relevant screentime of actors/actresses may also contain a OT moment or OT scene but not for this must be rel in the rel threads.
So i think this...

- Anime are not movies are another type of art even have coming of age plot. I really like anime but i think is not necessary to mix in this place.
- Music Videos. Are not movies obvious but i am ok that this place exist
- Shorts. I consider these pieces of art are movies in all aspects even don't have a normal runtime of a movie. Before to direct a movie i think all directors must start with shorts...is a good training.
- Verified OFF-TOPIC must be the place only for movies that the actors/actress don't have relevant screentime even contain OT moments or OT scenes. For example...a movie when children appears only in ONE flashback doing a shower is offtopic, a movie with start and end with childrens is OT even don't have OT scenes, for most like that a movie contains OT moments/scenes but it's a pleasure same to view a coming of age movie with a nice story, a lovestory, with a nice end, or simply with cuties...that's is the "spirit" of this forum. Sometimes i was thought that in this forum join people in search of only OT scenes but this forum is not else this...is a place to find rare movies...movies that is difficult to find in other places...

Finally i think that this forumhas reached the good changement, the policy of the inside spirit of this place must not be changed yet...by the way all suggestions for make a better place are always welcome obvious but do not get angry if they do not accepted. I've suggested some change but not always was accepted and i am already here cause i'm feel a part of this family.

About new users that use strange nicknames i do not care nothing, they are free to do whatever but they don't hurt other posters otherwise as they entered they'll fired out.

good prosecution to all.
Art!
ONE RING TO BRING EM ALL
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: About OT and OFFT

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I absolutely agree with Art - he said it very well. Thanks, Art.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

I agree too. :D
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   2 likes

I don't like the concept of "partially FLM relevant" movies. A movie either belongs to FLM or not. Sometimes it is disputable, but if the movie remains in Verified Off-Topic, it is a signal to the poster that this movie shouldn't have been posted here in the first place. I'd even delete old threads under Verified Off-Topic, because they are OFF-TOPIC, for God's sake.

Simply I don't see a logical reason for having separate forums based on on-topicness. If it is decided that a movie belongs to FLM, it should be posted under normal release forum. Why should someone who is interested in, say, Polish movies, be required to browse TWO (three including REQ) forums: "Poland" and "Verified Off-Topic"?

A movie IMHO belongs to FLM if it has significant child roles and some sort of childhood or coming-of-age theme, or if it has those special scenes that RFF likes to mention. Moving "Baader Meinhof Komplex" to Verified Off-Topic means we don't want similar movies to be posted here. I certainly do.
donkeykog

Post by donkeykog »   1 likes

I agree 100% Mimzy. And there is other members that are too afraid or past members beaten down that won't speak up and unfortunately even join the crowd due to the hassle of speaking out. I don't blame those members. That is a shame on this board.

Some here say I suck.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Winston Churchill

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quote ... UocmvFI.99
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Look, there is another reason for the VOT forum, and that is to tell viewers not to waste time on a particular film. Time and time again we run across films that APPEAR to be FLM material - there are kids in the cast, there is a child related theme/ storyline, etc. We buy or download the film, we sit and watch it, and then we find that it is not FLM material at all. I see the VOT forum as being useful for that purpose, so that we don't ALL have to waste our time and bandwidth. If one or two FLM members have verified that a film is not FLM material, that information should be shared with other members so that they can move on to expending their resources on vetting some other film.
donkeykog

Post by donkeykog »   1 likes

Emuler your reason is justified!....I passed up on the Krampus DVD at Wal-mart and you saved me money! :D

No matter what you think of me I do thank you for the "Heads UP!".

But many of us would also put in that "throw away bin" the things in OFF-Topic. So why post it. Its iggyed? Unfortunately that means good shit is iggyed too!
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

Some of the very first movie's posted here were released because of a brief glimpse of flesh,it was rarely mentioned that it was the only reason for posting,as far as i know,all those movies are still in their country threads,Rich used to post links and requests just because there was a girl on the poster.Mimzy says 'in or out' but the problem as always is deciding which would make the cut,tough decision,it always goes back to the opinions about OT and we've been debating that for years.Donkeycog is quick to quote members from FLM's early times,but he should be aware that in those times about 90% of his posts would never have been allowed.
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

I only hope that this thread don't start a war between us...i've told my point of view, my opinion about that...i don't want to create enemies against me....

Starfish wrote...that the earlier members not allowed something posts...that's right...i remember the strictly policy of this community...at begin most of us take RFF like a bible to find and release rare movies here. Now the progress has put more ways to find rare gems...but not all are...mmh...necessary need to post here...i think that all of us have a different point of view maybe we can agree to someone or not with others...we can have simpathy for one member more like another but the only DOGMA we must to follow is to give to this forum all the best but in respect of rules.

By the way every metrical judgement of us is different from one to one and that's for this reason that exist i think the VOT thread...for one a movie is spectacular for another not...but not for this we must to crocify it.

So one of suggestions for anyone think that the movie it want to release but it don't sure is a potential FLM and before to put a movie in REL topics can be... to put it in the UNVERIFIED topic. Then moderators admins and users can d/l, watch it and then if the max% of users trust that is FLM material can moved in the right place. I think is the right way to not create jealousy, hate from members like..."my post has denied and his post has published"

So the VOT must be a place that contains all movies that was considerated not FLM but at the same time a place to watch something "different" to the principal police rules of the rest of the topics.

The others posts that not considered in these two places must be trashbined to preserve tha space of this forum to other FLM material.

Damn sorry for my english but i hope that you've understand what i want to say.

Keep up the good work guys...bye :D

Art!
ONE RING TO BRING EM ALL
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   2 likes

I just don't like relevant movies to be lumped together under Verified Off-Topic. Moreover, if we want to be consistent and apply the current criteria to all posts, then probably half of the existing threads in release forums would be moved to VOT. I think it's nonsense. Everybody can browse release forums (by country!) and decide for themselves if they are interested in a movie or not.

In MS-Windows terms, VOT is a "recycle bin" for movies that shouldn't have been posted at all.

Anyway, it's just my opinion.