Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Ramona And Beezus (2010)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Thanks, starfish and willow!
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Thanks starfish! :clap And thanks quickone and TheOtherJT for letting us know about it.

kev, I see no reason this shouldn't be classified as an American movie. It was filmed in Vancouver, but that's a common way for movies to save money, and the stars and production companies are from the US. The author of the Ramona books is also American, and I assume they are set in the US (or have no specified nationality). Moved to REL! :dance

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0493949/
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   6 likes

Thanks everybody! :clap

It's always a bit of a disappointment to me when there is a mad scramble to be the first to release something new, especially if there is some element of quality compromise. I don't wish to upset anybody so simply view this rip as enhancing, rather than replacing the original. Ripped from a usenet DVDR complete with matching English subtitles.

[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

File Name .......: Ramona and Beezus 2010 isoRip loverboy.avi
File Size .......: 1,399.03 MB
Duration ........: 01:43:29
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 1762 KB/s
Resolution ......: 720 x 304
Aspect Ratio ....: 2.36:1
Framerate .......: 23.976 FPS
Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 128 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch
Language ........: ENGLISH

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.37 Gb]

Matching English subtitles.
Like this post to see ed2k links  [129.5 Kb]

Enjoy!

Post by Guest »   0 likes

@lb - I liked starfish's version - it's called a proper scene release. And it's a very cute film with a very cute actress, Ramona is adorable.

Sad you are criticizing the quality - for me quality of rips does not really count. A lot of films here are medium quality only and if I really love a film I usually get me the DVD. In this case I will wait for a special 2 DVD edition with a lot of footage.

Sorry I did ruin you being the first releasing it.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

the one i released had loads of sources on emule,i searched as soon as i posted and got tons of results.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

@willow.....it's a great pity you can't properly read what I post before responding....
loverboy wrote:I don't wish to upset anybody so simply view this rip as enhancing, rather than replacing the original.
I think that's plain enough & I have no intention of offering any further excuse or apology for posting my rip.
willow wrote:it's called a proper scene release.
It may be....that is no indication of quality. This was a sub-700mb rip of low bitrate & frankly, it showed when watching it. Neither you nor starfish should take my comments personally however......it's not as if you ripped it yourelves!
willow wrote:Sorry I did ruin you being the first releasing it.
That's a pretty crappy thing to say willow :wall
I'd like to think you don't believe or mean that comment, but historically, I'm not so sure.

lb
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

I don't understand why some think willow had anything whatsoever to do with this release. quickone brought the film here in the first place, TheOtherJT told us it was now available, starfish got the scene release of it, and loverboy provided a better quality version. Excellent! :clap

And while I understand that some don't care about quality at all, I don't understand why willow would criticize someone else for releasing a better quality version. In general the only reasons a film has only low or medium quality at FLM is a) that's the best available, b) it isn't good enough to want better quality, or c) it's an older release and noone is actively looking for an upgrade.

Quality rips such as loverboy's are always wanted here! For many (most?) getting the best quality available IS important. But for some people with lower available bandwidth or disk space a scene rip is often a good option (and as a bonus scenerips which are picked up by big ed2k sites require less seeding vandwidth from FLMers).

So a combination is fine. I myself never download a 1CD version posted here for at least a couple of days if the DVD has just come out, to see if a better version shows up.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i can imagine it would've been a bit annoying for LB putting all the graft into his release only to see another version appear just before posting,and maybe a little of the annoyedness(new word?) showed in the comments,i for one was quite happy to see the 'lb rip' ,and definitely didn't read anything into it.i think it shows once again the attitude that keeps this forum successful.

willow provided the rs links,knowing i have a premium account.
[Image]
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

I'd actually watched the original release before discovering a dvdr & deciding to make my usual 2cd size rip as an upgrade. It had never been my intention to be first to release this, hence my annoyance at willow's nasty final comment.
Never mind.......I think I'm actually being quite polite about this! :thumbsup

lb

Post by Guest »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:I'd actually watched the original release before discovering a dvdr & deciding to make my usual 2cd size rip as an upgrade. It had never been my intention to be first to release this, hence my annoyance at willow's nasty final comment.
Never mind.......I think I'm actually being quite polite about this! :thumbsup

lb
willow wrote:Sorry I did ruin you being the first releasing it.
This was meant serious - I did feel sorry forwarding minor quality links to starfish and ruining kind of your better rip, as I know you are not in a really cheerful mood right now and you usually put a lot of effort in your rips.

Sad that I'm seen as a notorious nasty person by some.