[REL] Mandie and the Secret Tunnel (2009)

FLL

Re: [REL] Mandie and the Secret Tunnel (2009)

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Ouch! :( English subs (closed captions basically) are often not ripped by release groups, so it never even occurred to me...

Similar things have happened to me, you get tunnel vision and when something that seemed simple hits a snag, you forget to step back and rethink things and check the obvious. If you can google the release nfo sometimes that provides a clue, opensubtitles is also a good resource. But thanks for your efforts, they are (almost always though not really in this case) worth it! :clap

If nothing else, I learned something from your experience (watch out for subs generated by a DVD5 shrunk from a DVD9).

I also learned that there are lots of naked videos of women named Mandie on eMule, but that's not really something I find that useful :)

Post by Guest »   0 likes

Why not using subscene? But still some wrong edits in...

http://subscene.com/s.aspx?q=Mandie.and ... viD-ViSiON.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

with all this talk about subs. i figured this was a non-english speaking movie.

for those that might see this thread the same way. language spoken is ENGLISH (for most subs are not needed) ;)

good movie :thumbsup thanks willow for bringing to our attention. this was a scenerelease that i had missed

:)

P S

the 74.7 kb srt posted by LB is the original that vision posted with his rip

ptguardian wrote:with all this talk about subs. i figured this was a non-english speaking movie.

for those that might see this thread the same way. language spoken is ENGLISH (for most subs are not needed) ;)

good movie :thumbsup thanks willow for bringing to our attention. this was a scenerelease that i had missed

P S

Too much compliments :blush

Glad emuler has a lot of subs now LOL
idler

Post by idler »   0 likes

willow wrote:
ptguardian wrote:with all this talk about subs. i figured this was a non-english speaking movie.

P S

Too much compliments :blush

Glad emuler has a lot of subs now LOL
At least once a year, emuler has to explain that he needs the subs for his hearing impaired niece. May be ptguardian missed it, but willow should know by now...
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

LOL

how could i miss it? if you delete all the posts that emuler ask for or had some reference to subs his post count would drop by the hundreds. i was referring to someone not seeing this thread before and scanning it such as my self would be led to think this movie for MOST (emuler as the most likely exception) needs english subs and was of a different language. a little misleading. not on purpose yet still that perception WAS there. hopefully not anymore. :cool

idler wrote: At least once a year, emuler has to explain that he needs the subs for his hearing impaired niece. May be ptguardian missed it, but willow should know by now...
Sorry idler, and of course emuler. Honestly did not know why emuler does ask for english subs.

Anyway did start editing the subs... ...loverboy was faster...

But sorry again.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

My releasing of English subtitles for English spoken movies started with requests from 'The Subtitle King' ( :) ) & has evolved from thereon.
Mercifully most here have an excellent command of the English language & are to be commended for it, even when not native to them but their understanding of written English is likely to be far better than when it is spoken, especially when different accents are used. I'm not just talking about differences between countries but also regional differences within the UK. I'll give you two examples............I have what can be termed a 'Middle England Accent', in other words none at all & now live just fifty miles from where I was born & raised. As soon as I open my mouth I am recognised as an 'outsider' (not quite never to be accepted, but close!). Move slightly further away & it becomes even more pronounced!
Secondly, believe it or not, even I sometimes need subtitles for English spoken movies & I don't mean those from America, Canada or Australia. Scottish, Welsh, Irish, even those from the North of England I will struggle to understand if the regional accent is strong.........I can only understand parts of 'Pavee Lackeen' (Irish) without subs :wall
However, ptg makes a good point & I'll try to make sure in future it is understood not only what language the subtitles are for but what the movie spoken language is.

lb
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

Subtitles are always very helpful! For example, people who speak any Scandinavian language, understand other Scandinavian languages almost perfectly if there are subs. People who know Russian, appreciate Czech and Polish subs and so on. A great way to learn foreign languages too!
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Yes, good idea to mention the audio language (or languages in case of multi language audio). :thumbsup

I appreciate subs for myself too. Like LB said, accents can be an issue, and also when people talk too darn fast. I wish I had subs for the tv series "Not Going Out".

Another reason for subs is when the ambient noise from the surroundings is a factor. If your TV has automatic volume leveling, great. Otherwise you are constantly fiddling with the volume controls - too low and the whispered conversations are lost; too high and the neighbours start complaining, especially during action sequences like a gunfight.