[REL] Lawn Dogs (1997)

deadarise

Re: [REL] Lawn Dogs (1997)

Post by deadarise »   0 likes

here I am lol it works :icon_1dancingban thanks ghost :thumbsup
TFCTBobby

Post by TFCTBobby »   0 likes

Hi Movie Lovers! I finally got around to officially registering here, though I've been by to check out the forum a few times before. I'm pretty heavily involved in acting as de facto "doorman" and Wal*Mart greeter at the music forum I helped design and create, TFCTalent Forums, so I "don't get out much", figuratively speaking. ;)

But!! Seeing this thread and nice comments about Lawn Dogs moved me to sign up so I could concur with the "choir" here. :cool It's in my top-5 fav movies, has been for a decade, and will likely remain so all my days.

What a great story! The underlying quiet surrealism that hovers close by throughout is like a character itself, I think. I believe that Mischa's debut performance was Oscar-worthy, she is so completely believable in the character of Devon, Poor Little Rich Girl. And Sam was spot-on perfect himself. The music was excellent, that mournful solo Dobro guitar adding it's own bittersweetness to the scenes and delivering us to great songs along the was by the likes of Bob Dylan and "The Boss"! The set decoration was top notch, Sam's old trailerwas in a perfect looking disarray and ramshackle rustiness. It's just really regrettable that the movie wasn't promoted to a greater degree when it was released. I stumbled upon it quite accidentally on cable around 2000, and was just instantly gobsmacked and have an indelible mark as a result. I couldn't guess how many times I have endorsed and recommended it to friends and acquaintances that "qualify" to become enlightened. lol...you know what I mean, don't you? :heart

Warm Regards, eMulers.
I'm content in the knowledge that the next time a snake bites any one of us, we'll know what to do.
:icon_thumbsup

Please feel welcomed to stop by and check out the TFCT Forums website! We feature 60 forums for some of Youtube's most promising and gifted young girl singers, It's free, global, and all-volunteer.

TFCTBobbyy
www.TFCTalent.com
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Hello and welcome TFCTBobby, glad you could stop by. Although Lawn Dogs isn't my most-favorite-ever film, it is very good. As I'm sure you've noticed, there are a ton of rare (and very rare) films here, along with the more well-known ones. If you put [FLM] in your eMule nick, you'll often get preferential treatment by our members when you download.
TFCTBobby

Post by TFCTBobby »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Hello and welcome TFCTBobby, glad you could stop by. Although Lawn Dogs isn't my most-favorite-ever film, it is very good. As I'm sure you've noticed, there are a ton of rare (and very rare) films here, along with the more well-known ones. If you put [FLM] in your eMule nick, you'll often get preferential treatment by our members when you download.
Thanks so much, Phuzzy! I am a complete novice to the file sharing concept, so if anyone can direct me to a place in this forum for instructions, or if anyone has any advice, I'd be grateful. I am pretty much helpless, but enthused and a quick learner. :cool
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

TFCTBobby wrote:
Phuzzy4242 wrote:Hello and welcome TFCTBobby, glad you could stop by. Although Lawn Dogs isn't my most-favorite-ever film, it is very good. As I'm sure you've noticed, there are a ton of rare (and very rare) films here, along with the more well-known ones. If you put [FLM] in your eMule nick, you'll often get preferential treatment by our members when you download.
Thanks so much, Phuzzy! I am a complete novice to the file sharing concept, so if anyone can direct me to a place in this forum for instructions, or if anyone has any advice, I'd be grateful. I am pretty much helpless, but enthused and a quick learner. :cool
Check out the newbie guides and the FAQs on the Forum Index page - there's a lot of help there on getting eMule set up and working its best. eMule isn't for those who expect instant gratification - it takes longer - but files hang around a long time so it's often the only place to find the rare ones.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   1 likes

Hey guys.

Thanks ghost for the terrific upgrades/upscales lately. I was so impressed with what you did to Kid Svensk, but also X and Les Diables.

I'm fully aware it's way beyond my pay grade to put another request out here :o
I haven't been able to contribute much the past 8 months for several reasons.
Ofc that will change back to normal soon - several releases in the pipe line -

BUT I have a request for ghost and every other member of this forum;

HOW COME *this* particular movie hasn't seen a blu-ray upgrade yet?
That is a mystery to me.

IF and only IF it would be possible ghost, that you give this one your magic to render a HD upgrade?!
Mischa Barton was so pretty in this. Thats my kind request to you and if you can't oblige I'll fully understand no matter what.
But the point of not asking is ridiculous so here's that.

cheers,
pop

Don't go quietly into the night.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

popdrome wrote:Hey guys.

Thanks ghost for the terrific upgrades/upscales lately. I was so impressed with what you did to Kid Svensk, but also X and Les Diables.

I'm fully aware it's way beyond my pay grade to put another request out here :o
I haven't been able to contribute much the past 8 months for several reasons.
Ofc that will change back to normal soon - several releases in the pipe line -

BUT I have a request for ghost and every other member of this forum;

HOW COME *this* particular movie hasn't seen a blu-ray upgrade yet?
That is a mystery to me.

IF and only IF it would be possible ghost, that you give this one your magic to render a HD upgrade?!
Mischa Barton was so pretty in this. Thats my kind request to you and if you can't oblige I'll fully understand no matter what.
But the point of not asking is ridiculous so here's that.

cheers,
pop
I second this request. IMHO the best of Mischa Barton - all downhill from there, sadly. She was cute in Frankie and Hazel.
Running time: 101 minutes
Language English
Budget $8,000,000 (Estimated)
Box office $106,404

The film uses the folktale of Baba Yaga as a prominent plot device. Although filmed in Louisville and Danville, Kentucky in the United States, Lawn Dogs was a British film produced by Duncan Kenworthy. Lawn Dogs won numerous film awards at film festivals in Europe and met with critical acclaim, in particular for the performances of Barton & Rockwell.
IMDB also lists the country of origin as United Kingdom.
emuler

Post by emuler »   24 likes

ghost - if you would prefer to work with a DVD, here's an iso.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.74 Gb]
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Yes, popdrome. this movie definitely deserves an upgrade, too.
Atm I'm working on Moonlight, but I will add it to my list ;)

OMG... There are still so many movies that are still not available in HD. :cry:

Thanks, emuler, for the DVD ISO.
I already have this DVD at home for many years.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

ghost wrote:Yes, popdrome. this movie definitely deserves an upgrade, too.
Atm I'm working on Moonlight, but I will add it to my list ;)
Thank you so much! Wait a minute, we talking about the 2002 film Moonlight, starring Laurien v/d Broeck? Dear God I would Love to see that!, a definite favorite of mine. Thanks so much ghost you're a wizard and take all the time you need! :angel

Don't go quietly into the night.