[REL] Santa And The Ice Cream Bunny (1972)

loverboy

[REL] Santa And The Ice Cream Bunny (1972)

Post by loverboy »   9 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0138074/

Words fail me so I'll leave it to others. Just a selection...........

'This has got to be one of the worst movies I've seen, and I've seen a lot of bad ones.'

'Quite possibly the oddest childrens film ever comes Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny. Not since Blood Freak has the silver screen met with such ineptitude. A film so mind bogglingly awful it must be seen to be believed.'

'SANTA AND THE ICE CREAM BUNNY is one of the most primitive and virtually incoherent films ever made for kids. Shot silent and overdubbed, the film comes across at times like little more than an elaborate home movie.'

'There are some hilarious close-ups of the Ice Cream Bunny doing a constipated jig to a kazoo rendition of "Jingle Bells". As an Ice Cream Bunny, though, he stinks; there is not one single scoop of ice cream in the entire film!'

'This piece of Kidsploitation is infernal myth-bashing at its worst, a joyless, retarded torture test that must be seen to be believed. As such, we love the little devil, for all the wrong reasons, and SANTA AND THE ICE CREAM BUNNY boasts a big cult following, possibly larger than that for SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS. This is no mean feat.'

'Of course, none of this is a surprise if you know that the "film" was conceived and shot with no budget over a weekend at the Pirate's World amusement park in Florida, and was produced by nudie cutie master Barry Mahon. And perhaps it was written by the children. Who can say for sure. But one thing is clear: the film's sole purpose was to make a quick buck in the lucrative kiddie matinee market. If only the parents knew exactly what they were forcing their kids to suffer through when they dumped them at the theater, perhaps a few broken spirits could have been avoided.'

[Image]

The internet is awash with reviews of this long forgotten abomination........you'll struggle to find anything complimentary said about it!

Poor Santa Claus. This live-action feature finds his sleigh stuck in the sand on a Florida beach only days before Christmas Eve. He psychically summons prepubescent aid from a nearby subdivision. In order to extricate Santa's sleigh, the local children bring many different animals (presumably the sheep was someone's house pet), but nothing works, and the kids are afraid they won't get any gifts this year. To boost their spirits, Santa tells them the story of Thumbelina, and the setting dissolves into a "fantasy within a fantasy". Thumbelina is a beautiful but very tiny girl, "not much larger than a clothes pin". She becomes lost in the forest during the winter and finds refuge in the underground home of Mrs. Mole. A neighbor mole, Mr. Digger, falls in love and wants to marry Thumbelina, but she's having none of it. When warm weather returns, she runs back into the forest and deserts the two kindly creatures who saved her life, crushing their spirits forever ... the end. As Santa is finishing his story and yes, that is its intended conclusion he and the children hear the wail of a siren. The "Ice Cream Bunny" has arrived in his antique fire engine to save the day!

[Image][Image][Image][Image]

Saving grace is it's a reasonable quality VHS transfer. Not my rip......usual thanks to the originator

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.37 Gb]

Enjoy!
emuler

Re: [REL] Santa And The Ice Cream Bunny (1972)

Post by emuler »   0 likes

LOL I suppose such films have have a kind of ghastly fascination. Looking forward to watching this. :icon_1idiot
emuler

LOL The other reviewers weren't kidding. After the first five minutes (even with the appearance of Tom and Huck :think and the seemingly endless procession of unsuitable animals) I was wondering how they will stretch the storyline to fill the 95 minutes. But then, along came Thumbelina. :icon_biggrin2
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

emuler wrote:LOL The other reviewers weren't kidding. After the first five minutes (even with the appearance of Tom and Huck :think and the seemingly endless procession of unsuitable animals) I was wondering how they will stretch the storyline to fill the 95 minutes. But then, along came Thumbelina. :icon_biggrin2
You were warned! The Thumbelina bit is probably worth skipping........makes a shorter movie to endure. Being positive, I quite like the clothes of the era the kids are wearing. Other than that a big zero. :)
katzenjammer

Post by katzenjammer »   0 likes

Where do you find these films loverboy?^^
:icon_biggrin2
emuler

Maybe we could start a thread entitled The worst Christmas movies of all time like these ones for Christmas songs. :think

http://theworldfrommywindow.blogspot.co ... songs.html
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2006/12 ... ll_ha.html
http://digg.com/music/The_15_Worst_Chri ... er_Created
emuler

I just realised that this the file that I have uploaded the most in recent days. 7.3 GB and counting. :dance :think Guess there's no accounting for tastes. ;)
rmt@36

Post by rmt@36 »   0 likes

Every once in a while it is nice to leave your brain somewhere and watch complete drivel.

That's what is great about movies, there is enough drivel that you can take a break and just enjoy it for what it is; And there is always enough good, entertaining stuff or poignant movies out there
for us to be captivated by the story telling, acting etc.

It is always nice to take a break and enjoy movies for sake of enjoying movies. ;)
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

There are some movies that you watch and afterwards you say to yourself WTF did I just watch, feeling perplexed, a little off and happy at the same time. This ice cream bunny movie is a contender to be the number one atop of the WTF did I just watch list here at FLM. Every time I watch a WTF movie I think of this movie.

Well, I just watched another WTF movie. To give you an idea what I am referring to the film contains Girl scout equivalent attire through out, an accessory that has magic Nazi spy powers, cute dogs along side cute girls/boys, scenes that appear to follow ones that are either missing or failed to fit with the movie yet were included anyway and on a whole adds to a movie that already has more scenes than a big budget Spielberg film yet stays with a simplistic storyline that manages to come full circle despite the random and bizarre happenings.
if my description and post here seems a bit off, it is because I am still experiencing the WTF moment :?

To make this even more bizarre and crazy it looks as though I already released the movie and forgot about it completely. Perhaps do to mental overload I blocked it from memory? :o :eyecrazy

The Bracelet of Bordeaux