[REL] Escape from Sobibor (1987) (TV)

terry666

[REL] Escape from Sobibor (1987) (TV)

Post by terry666 »   12 likes

[Image]

from Wikipedia:
Escape from Sobibor is a made-for-TV film which aired in 1987 on CBS. It deals with the extermination camp at Sobibór, the site of the most successful uprising by Jewish prisoners of Nazi extermination camps (there were two other uprisings, at Auschwitz and Treblinka). The film was directed by Jack Gold.

On October 14, 1943, members of the camp's underground resistance succeeded in covertly killing eleven SS and a number of Ukrainian guards. Of the 600 inmates in the camp, roughly 300 escaped, although most were later re-captured and killed. The escape forced the Nazis to close the death camp, dismantling it and planting a forest to hide what they had done.

The screenplay was based on the book of the same name written by Richard Rashke. Alan Arkin and Rutger Hauer were the primary stars of the film. It was filmed at Avala, Yugoslavia. Rutger Hauer earned a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role (television).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_from_Sobibor
http://imdb.com/title/tt0092978/

This is a mostly off topic film, but there is a scene (in part 1) where women of all ages are being led to the "shower" room that is OT (we don't get an inside view unfortunately). The scene is shot at a distance, but it's not bad for an American made-for-tv movie.

[Image]

Not my rip. Kudos to the original poster:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.50 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.11 Mb]
ARTHORIUS

Re: [REL] Escape from Sobibor (1987) (TV)

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

Never heard this before thank you :thumbsup
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

dusting classics, must be updated
Warg

Post by Warg »   25 likes

Sully23 wrote:dusting classics, must be updated
Well, if you think a "mostly off topic film" has to be upgraded, here you go :P:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [10.14 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [8.41 Gb]

The second one shows up for me, the first one don't though there are two sources listed ...
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I'd say 10.14 GB is a slight 'upgrade'. :lol:

I wish eMule's Search button wasn't so difficult to use. ;)

Even if it was, some people STILL wouldn't use it.
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:I'd say 10.14 GB is a slight 'upgrade'. :lol:

I wish eMule's Search button wasn't so difficult to use. ;)

Even if it was, some people STILL wouldn't use it.
But if it wasn't so difficult to use the half of us would be unemployed ... :lol:
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

terry666 wrote:but there is a scene (in part 1) where women of all ages are being led to the "shower" room that is OT (we don't get an inside view unfortunately).
No showers, it's the 'slaughterhouse', although apparently because naked people go to bathe, I saw it differently and it reminded me of a movie that went up to youtube (I don't remember the name because it was Russian and it does not merit a post because it is not relevant ) Men and women were executed naked in a very similar place when they slaughtered the animals for sure Jack Gold did not want to represent the inside would be horrifying Quentin Tarantino style.