[REL] Daddy's girl (1996)

billanben

[REL] Daddy's girl (1996)

Post by billanben »   0 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116003/

A yuppie couple adopts an eleven-year-old redheaded psycho named Jody (Gabrielle Boni). Thanks to childhood trauma, she kills people who threaten to come between her and her beloved new father (William Katt). Jody makes coffins for her dolls, scares another little girl by talking about worms eating dead bodies, tries to poison her grandmother by putting drain cleaner in her prune juice (!) and makes stupid wisecracks as she beats a social worker to death with a mallet, crushes her mean school principal with a bookcase, kills a lawyer with a fire poker and shoves mom (Michele Greene) off a balcony. The only person who knows something is wrong is the nosy niece (Roxana Zal), but naturally no one believes her until it's too late.

Too much time is spent, in typical made-for-TV-movie fashion, on the marital woes of the parents and this is nothing you haven't seen before, but it's good, dumb fun all the same thanks mostly to the engagingly evil performance by young Gabrielle Boni.

REALLY would like this one if anyone has or knows where to get it - gone into my top 10 now !!

Thanks
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Daddy's girl 1996

Post by kev »   0 likes

billanben wrote:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116003/

REALLY would like this one if anyone has or knows where to get it - gone into my top 10 now !!

Thanks
Geeze! Once again [for what? the 20th time now???] I thought that THIS movie had been released a LONG time ago on FLM...

The DVD has been available in Canada for a year or so... I'll check my storage unit to see if my copy is there...

(They appear to carry it at 'CinemaClock.com' but it's on back order right now:
http://www.cinemaclock.com/dvd/dvd.aw/p ... _Girl.html )

It's a pretty good movie, but nowhere in the 'Top 10' catagory: Standard 'slasher' in the vein of 'Mikey', 'The Crush', 'Poisen Ivy', 'Wicked', ect....

[Image]

Girl [Gabrielle Boni] is cute but adds TREMENDOUS credence to the old adage about the 'Red-Headed Step-Child'! lol

kev.
billanben

Did search on FLM but not turned up. If its not worth bother then don't worry, but it did SOUND pretty exciting !!
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

billanben wrote:Did search on FLM but not turned up. If its not worth bother then don't worry, but it did SOUND pretty exciting !!
lol ! :blush

I know, what I'm saying is that somehow I'm getting it in my head when I see a movie requested/released that I've had for awhile I'm thinking 'Geeze, seems like when I got the movie I looked at FLM and it had ALREADY been 'released'.' But I'm sure it's just me. lol (Unless some movies got lost in the changeover back in January...)

And YES!; write-ups and trailers have a tendency to make movies seem better than they are a lot of times. :wall But this isn't a bad little film in it's own right. (Though nothing near as 'ground-breaking' as 'The Bad Seed' all those years ago...)

Roxanna Zal seems a tad embarrassed to be in this movie [winning awards as a child in made-for-TV movies 'Table For Five', 'Something About Ameilia', and 'God, the Universe & Hot Fudge Sundaes', NOW denegrated to bit parts in stuff like this...], and Gabrielle Boni's acting 'evil' can be pretty wooden at times; but this IS a 'slasher' movie...

Approaching AS such, you can enjoy it for what it is. I think then you might be a little surprised that it is above the average 'slasher' fodder... (But only sightly... ;) lol! )

Overall, it's WELL worth the watch, imo, if you like horror flicks that feature young girls as prominent characters.

kev.
billanben

mm - you haven't got either of those (Something about Amelia or God, hot fudge sundaes etc) have you ?

Also, I have heard that the remake of the Bad Seed is pretty cool but can't find this anywhere.

Cheers dude
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   12 likes

Well, here's a late release for billanben.

Wish I could have gotten it out sooner... I've actually had this ripped since August of last year; it's just been sitting on my PC, hidden away until I tripped across it the other day looking for something else.

The links:
Single file:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.37 Gb]

2CD files:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.29 Mb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.91 Mb]

kev.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

>>GOLLY<<

cheers, kev! I'm biting!
going for the single file.

thanks for sharing!!! :icon_thumbsup
sifon773_lover

Re: [REL] Daddy's girl (1996)

Post by sifon773_lover »   0 likes

if someone can put this in share again, thank you!
“If you can get to be you, why can't I get to be me?”