[REL] Jodie Foster's Rare Movies

Re: [REL] Jodie Foster's Rare Movies

Post by guest »   2 likes

it's been a while...just want to let you know Medical Center ep The Captives with JF is finally available. :) I made this clip with all her scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjiLM7bVujk

Post by guest »   2 likes

..also made this clip from some recent BBC show that used footage from Desmond Wilcox's great 1978 documentary 'Americans'. There is no full version of this episode (The Film Star) anywhere except the one at BBC's basement so I rate it lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sutRBZmCeAM
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   42 likes

Post by guest »   0 likes

You're welcome!

Post by guest »   1 likes

Long time no see! Are there Jodie fans around these days? Three years later the news is...that not much has changed. So here's just a minor re-post and update.

1 Alexander (ABC Afterschool Special)

2 Love Story, ep. The Youngest Lovers

3 My Sister Hank (CBS pilot only)

4 The New Perry Mason ep. The Case of The Deadly Deeds

5 Sam, unaired Disney TV show. I've never heard of this before Getty Images added some previously unseen promo pics.

6 San Francisco Airport, ep. Emergency Alert. I'm not contributing to IMDB anymore and couldn't find any further evidence she was in it. So some doubts remain.

7 (full version of) Americans, ep. The Film Star

8 Something between 20 to 30 commercials pre 1980. I think I have all you can find out there and more but sources close to the family I talked to suggested a number of like 50. It's unclear how many she did with her brother and solo. There is a screenshot of her for Oreo. I also know she did one for kid's shampoo, strawberry scented.

I think there is still hope for finding 1, 2, 4, 6 and even 7 (if one day the BBC archives reads my two dozen letters)
I'm really happy I found most of her early stuff so long ago, no idea where I'd go searching today.

Ok, that's it for today, goodbye...

Just one more thing.

I'm the legal owner of her first movie. Shot on 8mm it shows a natural little baby Jodie Foster with her mother. It was filmed in 1963 by her mother's female partner. It's the only existing copy. It's on the original reel and has the original card box with their then street address handwritten on it. It doesn't get more authentic.

Eight years ago it was offered to me by a former family member. Whom I tried to dissuade from selling such family memories, several weeks long. But to no avail. Seller told it was offered to Discovery channel and the likes but they were not interested as long as she'd be alive. Since this was mostly a case of how-to-make-some-cash (the seller is not a rich person) it was also offered to Ms Foster herself. But I was told she didn't even answer. During our conversations I learned more than a fan can dream of about their very special family in the 60s. Maybe more than I wanted to know.

I suggested a private auction via email. I can only guess about the other two or three parties. All I wanted was to save it from getting lost forever someplace. So in the end I bought it. That was the first and last time I ever used Western Union. Glad it went through customs as "gift". Looking back it was such a crazy thing to do. A random guy from thousands of miles away now owns a piece of private memory of a two times Oscar winning Hollywood star. Usually nobody believes this story. I shared exactly one small screenshot with one other close fan. And once posted the box on one social. You won't find it anymore. Though picture quality of the film is quite good for its age, there is a digital copy for the simple reason you can actually watch the movie. It's made by a pro film lab but only for slight image correction, no editing. it's still raw material. I also had them store it in single frames for any magical tools of the future.

Leave this story here for all die-hard Fosterists who find their way to this board. If you have any questions feel free to ask. This is not an offer for sale.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

wreckage3001 wrote:Long time no see! Are there Jodie fans around these days? Three years later the news is...that not much has changed. So here's just a minor re-post and update...

...Leave this story here for all die-hard Fosterists who find their way to this board. If you have any questions feel free to ask. This is not an offer for sale.
Good to have you back again, wreckage. I hope your return here finds you well, especially with all that's going on in the world these days.

Sounds like it's an impressive stroke of good fortune that fate bestowed you. I have no reason to disbelieve your story as I agree that the home video of Jodi as a child is something that should not be lost to the world. I'm shocked that Jodi [or those representing her] did not respond as I would think it would be something that she would want to keep as a memento, but to each their own...

Thanks for popping back in and saying 'hello'. :thumbsup

kev.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Heya sirs, this is just to answer quickly on both questions,

YES there are still Jodie fans, and yes I am one. :mrgreen:

Quite honestly, whenever I can't sleep I load up Plex and ask it to play me one,
because I (think I) have all of her movies. Especially where she has the braces on, is so charming.

Her character always has some distinctlively cuteness, tomboyish quality, that I appreciate.

so yeh there's my 0,02ç

Don't go quietly into the night.

Post by guest »   1 likes

It's strange, I didn't want to become sort of biographer. It's more like an accidental by-product of my decade long in-depth research of The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane. This uber cult classic lead to an endless number of winding paths you want to explore..

Blame it on the nice Chianti but one entry didn't make it to the list...

9 Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice (ABC, 1973, one season, based on the movie)
ep. Inadmissable Evidence
ep. Double, Double, Doyle & Trouble
ep. Open Marriage/Closed Mind
Two more with her but I have them.

Just realized how complicated and $ centric the torrent world has become. Any help unearthing lost JF files much appreciated!

Everyone quoting Mark Hollis is my friend.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

wreckage3001 wrote: 9 Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice (ABC, 1973, one season, based on the movie)
ep. Inadmissable Evidence
ep. Double, Double, Doyle & Trouble
ep. Open Marriage/Closed Mind
Two more with her but I have them.
Wow those areout of my lurker league. Haven't seen those episodes nor the series for that matter..
wreckage3001 wrote: Everyone quoting Mark Hollis is my friend.
& that just put a big smile on my face! :cool

Don't go quietly into the night.
David32441

Post by David32441 »   1 likes

Carny with DVD rip quality I see has appeared on this site:
https://www.brripmovies.xyz/2021/10/carny-1980.html
You can download it for free at 100kb/sec using the link.

File: Carny.1980.DVDRip.x264.mkv
Size: 840487208 bytes (801.55 MiB), duration: 01:45:55, avg.bitrate: 1058 kb/s
Audio: aac, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16 (eng)
Video: h264, yuv420p, 716x480, 24.00 fps(r)