[REL] Wanda Nevada (1979)

starfish21

Re: [REL] Wanda Nevada (1979)

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

Scocou wrote:I am definitely interested, thanks for the heads-up. Uhh... so what is "CG"? I hope I'm not having a blond moment...

I never knew about that TVrip either, my only copy has been the 1.2GB VHSrip, so thanks for bumping this thread. The sources looks pretty bad for the TVrip though, I'll hang in for while and see if any complete sources show up (anyone here still sharing it?).

On another note, this movie must be popular - I have been sharing the VHSrip for a few months and have uploaded 19.36 copies (23.227GB)!

Thanks again for pointing this out :bigups
cg = https://www.first-loves.com/forums/v ... php?t=6816
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

CG = Cinemageddon.....

http://cinemageddon.net/

It's a private torrent site that several here use. They open up registrations occasionally, otherwise PM'ing a working email address should get you an invite.

Funnily enough, the TV rip you mentioned that I've already released came from there. I haven't still got it but I'd be willing to bet someone here has.......

lb
Scocou

Post by Scocou »   0 likes

Thanks for the info, it is much appreciated. I remember signing up for Cinemageddon in the past but don't know if my account is still active, I'll check it out.

About that TVrip... I see at least one complete source now so it should be OK to finish. I don't know if it was my query that prompted a re-share, or if someone's window just opened - either way, thanks. I'll put it in my permashare so it stays healthy for others.

Now to root-out that widescreen rip from CG! Cheers!
Scocou

Post by Scocou »   0 likes

OK I got it (ws VHSrip) and can confirm the low quality. It also appears that the original film was shot in 4:3 ratio and the "widescreen" release is actually a crop of the "fullscreen" version. This was ascertained by comparing screencaps of the same frame from both sources. I am not going to bother to share it for the same reasons as Loverboy...

...especially after previewing the TVrip which has excellent quality video. It is screaming in fast now (thanks FLL) and I will permashare it for anyone else who missed this one.

Anyhow, thanks much Loverboy for pointing out the different versions available, I thought there was just the one (aside from several SPA versions).
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   12 likes

This keeps getting better & quality wise, nearer to a proper DVD rip.

1.41gb 1.833:1 widescreen TV rip with a small MGM HD logo present indicative the source was pretty good, released at CG. Not quite of DVD rip quality but very close! It's about four & a half minutes shorter than my previous release. You can either put this down to a PAL/NTSC issue, bearing in mind this was snatched from a UK transmission, or argue about it amongst yourselves as to what is missing.

[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

File Name .......: Wanda Nevada.1979.TV.Xvid-CG.avi
File Size .......: 1,449.34 MB
Duration ........: 01:42:57
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 1776 KB/s
Resolution ......: 704 x 384
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.83:1
Framerate .......: 25 FPS
Audio Codec .....: FAST Multimedia AG DVM (Dolby AC3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 192 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch
Language .......: ENGLISH

My thanks to the originator for this one.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.42 Gb]

Enjoy!
BrookeFan29

Post by BrookeFan29 »   0 likes

Ooh, guys, you have no idea how long I have searched for this movie!

I am a HUUGE Brooke fan. Bought 6 super large photo posters (60*91cm) worth over 200 dollar, got The Brooke Book, bought her biography book about her depression, own Pretty Baby and The Blue Lagoon on dvd ofcourse, but Wanda Nevada seems to be an EXTREMELY hard to find movie.

Even through retailers and online stores it's almost impossible. I found an amazon page with a VHS and DVD region2, but they are out of stock.

So ... This banana :icon_1dancingban doesn't even express half how happy I am finding this site and thread. Now lets hope that 7 kbs goes up a bit, lol.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

BrookeFan29 wrote:Ooh, guys, you have no idea how long I have searched for this movie!

I am a HUUGE Brooke fan. Bought 6 super large photo posters (60*91cm) worth over 200 dollar, got The Brooke Book, bought her biography book about her depression, own Pretty Baby and The Blue Lagoon on dvd ofcourse, but Wanda Nevada seems to be an EXTREMELY hard to find movie.

Even through retailers and online stores it's almost impossible. I found an amazon page with a VHS and DVD region2, but they are out of stock.

So ... This banana :icon_1dancingban doesn't even express half how happy I am finding this site and thread. Now lets hope that 7 kbs goes up a bit, lol.
Welcome! We have many people who are excellent at finding obscure and quality stuff, for example loverboy who brought the latest version of this here. :clap Make sure you get the 1.42GB version even if it's slow, the quality is worth it.

There's other rare Brooke stuff here, the first that comes to mind is [REL] TILT (1979)
loverboy

Welcome to the forum BrookeFan29.

Although I'm from the 'proper' side of the Atlantic I'm also a Brooke fan!

Pretty Baby & The Blue Lagoon are well known here & will be surplus to your requirements as you've already got the DVD's (although look out for an upgrade to TBL I've earmarked for the future) but we have other rarities.

Endless Love is about the last thing we're likely to be interested in here as she was getting a bit pensionable.....
https://www.first-loves.com/forums/v ... ht=endless

The Prince of Central Park is very rare although she only has a tiny part.....
https://www.first-loves.com/forums/v ... ht=central

Just You And Me Kid.....
https://www.first-loves.com/forums/v ... php?t=1572

Alice Sweet Alice (AKA Communion).....
https://www.first-loves.com/forums/v ... ight=alice

King of the Gypsies....
This doesn't appear to be here but availability won't be a problem if required.

lb
BrookeFan29

Post by BrookeFan29 »   0 likes

Thanks FLL and loverboy!

I added Alice to my download list. :thumbsup

Endless Love I forgot to mention, is in the 3 DVD box I bought together with The Blue Lagoon (and "Only You", not with Brooke but it was a good box as it has two Brooke movies and costed like 10 €/$ >_>).

Oh and The Prince of Central Park. I have seen this one on TV more than ten years ago, lol. Thanks for the links.
loverboy

I'm going to assume you're 'Brookie', now with a friend-slot & d/loading this from me at considerably more than 7 kb/s :thumbsup

Now's a good time once again to remind members to make their eMule nick identifiable to get a friend-slot & thus speed-up the process!

lb