[REL] The Midnight Sky (2020)

Quickone

[REL] The Midnight Sky (2020)

Post by Quickone »   14 likes

[Image]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10539608/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
Plot: This post-apocalyptic tale follows Augustine, a lonely scientist in the Arctic, as he races to stop Sully and her fellow astronauts from returning home to a mysterious global catastrophe

Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXUUqr3AFKs

Actress

Caoilinn Springall

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [6.46 Gb]

p.s Not sure about country.
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] The Midnight Sky (2020)

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks a lot!!! :)
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

...When I heard about this movie and found out it was based on the book 'Good Morning, Midnight' by Lily Brooks-Dalton, I quickly got a copy and read it. That was a couple of months ago.

I recently d/loaded a copy of the movie and finished watching it today. I know it's, um, unrealistic to expect most films to surpass or even 'be as good as' the novel it's based on; but there's always that dream we can cling to, especially if we really liked the book.

Well I didn't particularly LOVE the book, but it was readable and the passages that dealt with Iris (as viewed through Augustine's eyes) were the best part of the story for me. She was a mysterious almost ethereal being (in the shape of a precocious 7 - 9 year old girl) that brought determination and life back to Augustine's hopeless, dying character.

Bottom line: Though I might not have loved the book; I enjoyed it enough to be looking forward to watching this film.. I was enamored by Iris's character and was excited at the prospect of seeing her fleshed out.

[Image]

Unfortunately I found the movie even less satisfying than the novel. The main reason being that the film didn't highlight as much of the relationship between Augustine and Iris as the book did. AND in the book Iris is shown to be overly intelligent for her age; constantly reading and [though still not a big talker] she WOULD converse with Augustine at certain times. Didn't see that in the movie.. :think

SHE was the critical reason Augustine kept fighting to stay alive and I just didn't feel like the film bore any of that out.
Spoiler:

(PLUS the book didn't beat you over the head making their real relationship as obvious as the movie did in the end..) :wall
[Image]

Still, Caoilinn Springall is really cute as Iris and made the film worth watching despite her limited screentime and underdeveloped character.

[Image]

Many thanks Quickone for bringing 'The Midnight Sky' to FLM! :bigups

kev.
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   0 likes

The Girl was cute, but the movie is not my personal fav.
[Image]
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

You're welcome