[REL] The Worst Witch (1998)

emuler

Re: [REL] The Worst Witch (1998)

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Here they aren't even offering a static IP. I managed to get the router/modem admin password from them, but doing everything up to that point didn't fix the LowID issue. Not much more I can do. Currently running the trial month - 150 Mbps. After the trial I'll choose 30 Mbps.

Is there a particular server that's LowID friendly? You (Phuzzy) and I both have LowID and I can't get anything from you. I have a file waiting for 15 days, and another for 42 days. Never saw a single source for either of them.
emuler

The Worst Witch (2017) is now up to date with all 4 seasons available being released. These are all in 720p, good rips.
Spoiler:

BTW. Switcheroo alert in Season 4 - different actress in the lead role. :?
I still feel the various series that have been made should each have their own thread, but ultimately it is up to the admins.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

emuler wrote:Here they aren't even offering a static IP. I managed to get the router/modem admin password from them, but doing everything up to that point didn't fix the LowID issue. Not much more I can do. Currently running the trial month - 150 Mbps. After the trial I'll choose 30 Mbps.

Is there a particular server that's LowID friendly? You (Phuzzy) and I both have LowID and I can't get anything from you. I have a file waiting for 15 days, and another for 42 days. Never saw a single source for either of them.
Exactly - you can't open ports because you don't have an actual outward-facing IP, you're in a pool. It's just like your home network - you could have a dozen devices connected to your home router but they're in your home pool and the signal in and out goes through a single pipe to the ISP. The ISP has you in their router's pool so a bunch of customers communicates to the rest of the world through one pipe from that ISP. The whole point of a router is to split a signal from one source into its separate endpoints and vice versa.

I've been using eMule Security No1 because it has the most users and the most files. Be aware that even though I 'Like' every new release I don't download many of them - it may just be I'm not a source for the ones you want.
emuler

Okay, I think these last few posts need to go in a thread in the help forum, but this is what the official emule topic says:
Description of Low ID and disadvantages to Low ID
No IP is known of the machine eMule is running on therefore all requests like queue or connection requests to this client have to be routed over the server, the low ID client is connected to. This routing causes considerable amount of CPU load on the server thus reducing the maximum number of users the server can cope with. Lugdunum's servers limit the number low ID users or even ban them at all.
Two clients on low ID cannot connect to each other, as it is not possible to route messages over two different servers. This will lead to less sources for the downloads.
On busy servers it may well happen that the messages gets lost and eMule misses important information about queue progression or download requests. This may lead to fewer credits and worse downloads.
https://forum.emule-project.net/index.p ... opic=48127
http://emule-project.net/home/perl/help ... show_topic

Btw. you actually said you were sharing one of the files I'm moaning about.
Phuzzy4242 wrote:I'm sharing that same file.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Okay then, what's your solution?

I'm spending a lot for internet and donating lots of bandwidth to eMule downloaders I'll never get anything back from. Spending more just to get highid doesn't make sense. Most people - and I'm not including you or the other regulars - won't even share what they got for free or you wouldn't be trying to find a source for the files you want.

I'm sorry I can't help fellow FLM members who also have lowid, but my outgoing queue is always full so I'm still contributing, and I can still download with lowid even if it takes longer. It may sound cold, but how would spending more benefit me?
emuler

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Okay then, what's your solution?

I'm spending a lot for internet and donating lots of bandwidth to eMule downloaders I'll never get anything back from. Spending more just to get highid doesn't make sense. Most people - and I'm not including you or the other regulars - won't even share what they got for free or you wouldn't be trying to find a source for the files you want.

I'm sorry I can't help fellow FLM members who also have lowid, but my outgoing queue is always full so I'm still contributing, and I can still download with lowid even if it takes longer. It may sound cold, but how would spending more benefit me?
This is a technical issue/ discussion. Wasn't asking you to spend more, or anything like that. It is just that through discussion we might come up with a solution. There is a tip on the second link I posted which says that it might be better for both to connect to a server with fewer clients, as less loaded servers will have more resources to spare for interfacing LowID clients. We could even consider running our own emule server that will only entertain requests for the files shared on this forum.

You are right about people not sharing what they have downloaded from you - note that practically ALL of them must have HighID, or they wouldn't have been able to get anything. I'm contributing too, I have a fast connection with unlimited data plan, but this LowID thing means many users can't get anything from me either.

There is one ISP in my country that people have successfully got HighID with, but they are not yet active in the area where I live.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

emuler wrote:There is a tip on the second link I posted which says that it might be better for both to connect to a server with fewer clients, as less loaded servers will have more resources to spare for interfacing LowID clients. We could even consider running our own emule server that will only entertain requests for the files shared on this forum.
I'm not sure that's valid - if fewer users connect, the pool of potential users and files is smaller too. As far as setting up our own server, how would that be different from now? Only the regulars share anything at all, so when they release something, they usually leave it shared only long enough for several of us to download it so they have bandwidth for their next release, and we lowid people have to get it while it's still circulating. If someone was interested in setting up a server, they'd have already done it. I looked at that a while back and decided it wasn't worth it - a lot of work and no real benefit to me.
emuler wrote:There is one ISP in my country that people have successfully got HighID with, but they are not yet active in the area where I live.
I guarantee you if they don't charge you for your own IP now, they will soon. IPv4 addresses are almost used up worldwide so they pay a premium for a block of IPs for their customers, and they don't do it for free.
emuler

Phuzzy4242 wrote:
emuler wrote:There is a tip on the second link I posted which says that it might be better for both to connect to a server with fewer clients, as less loaded servers will have more resources to spare for interfacing LowID clients. We could even consider running our own emule server that will only entertain requests for the files shared on this forum.
I'm not sure that's valid - if fewer users connect, the pool of potential users and files is smaller too. As far as setting up our own server, how would that be different from now? Only the regulars share anything at all, so when they release something, they usually leave it shared only long enough for several of us to download it so they have bandwidth for their next release, and we lowid people have to get it while it's still circulating. If someone was interested in setting up a server, they'd have already done it. I looked at that a while back and decided it wasn't worth it - a lot of work and no real benefit to me.
LowID users cannot connect to another LowID user directly the way HighID users do. They only connect to a server at regular intervals. For a LowID user to download anything from another LowID source, the requests (the search, the entry into the upload queue, and the request to download each chunk) have to be cached on the server and passed on to the source when the source next connects to the server. We are both connected to the same server, but the requests aren't getting through, because the server we prefer is overloaded.
Phuzzy4242 wrote:
emuler wrote:There is one ISP in my country that people have successfully got HighID with, but they are not yet active in the area where I live.
I guarantee you if they don't charge you for your own IP now, they will soon. IPv4 addresses are almost used up worldwide so they pay a premium for a block of IPs for their customers, and they don't do it for free.
I didn't say they weren't charging more for a static IP - they are, but my current ISP isn't even offering it (only for commercial/ corporate connections, and those cost a ton).

Btw. HighID and static IP are two different things. A static IP does make it much easier to get a HighID, but a HighID is possible even with a dynamic IP address doled out from a pool. eMule clients automatically detect the change in IP address when the ISP periodically gives you another one, and will reconnect to the server and refresh.

Code: Select all

17/11/2020 07:56:26: Possible IP Change - Checking for expired Server UDP-Keys: 8 UDP Keys total, 0 UDP Keys expired, 0 immediate UDP Pings forced, 0 delayed UDP Pings forced
After much thought, I think the best way forward is for a few HighID users with good speeds and a generous data plan to step forward and service the pending requests on the Requested files page. If and when I get HighID, I'll be glad to do this myself, but until then someone else needs to step up.
All one (a HighID client, of course) needs to do is to download a file that has been requested, and share it until the requester has downloaded it, after which they can delete the file and move on to the next file request.
poohead

Post by poohead »   0 likes

OK, I picked up the DVDs from Amazon locker this morning and I've just started ripping them with MakeMKV. Each episode is coming out as 1.2GB which is a bit too big. What's the best free software I can use to make them smaller without degrading them noticeably?
emuler

poohead wrote:OK, I picked up the DVDs from Amazon locker this morning and I've just started ripping them with MakeMKV. Each episode is coming out as 1.2GB which is a bit too big. What's the best free software I can use to make them smaller without degrading them noticeably?
WHICH of the 3 TV series have you got? 1998, 2017 or New?