[REL] The Worst Witch (1998)

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] The Worst Witch (1998)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Thanks iggii, this seems like a very popular show. I haven't downloaded any of them but I'm sure they're appreciated. :clap
ecco1983

Post by ecco1983 »   0 likes

Does anyone still have the files for both series of The New Worst Witch please?
yoko

Post by yoko »   1 likes

Reshared.
ecco1983

yoko wrote:Reshared.
What does that mean? I have the files on my ed2k and they are not downloading. What server are they on?
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

ecco1983 wrote:
What does that mean? I have the files on my ed2k and they are not downloading. What server are they on?
You may not t understand how eMule works. Files aren't stored on any server, they're on individual peoples' computers. When someone "reshares", they put the file you asked for back in their PC's shared folder so their eMule client can send it out when other eMule client's ask for it. This is one reason files are available for so long on the eMule network compared to nets like Usenet or Torrents - because you don't have to do anything but put the file on your own hard drive. You don't have to upload it somewhere or create a torrent file, etc.

When you add an ed2k link to your eMule's download queue, you're asking eMule to contact the rest of the network to find the parts of that file. Your eMule client can find those parts by asking the server it connected to if it knows anyone with that file and it can contact other eMule clients directly to see if they know. It's much faster if your eMule client connects directly to other PC's without going through a server but it can only do that if you have "HighID". If you only have "LowID", all transactions have to be mediated by a server and it's much slower.

It sounds like you may have LowID and your eMule client isn't talking to the rest of the net as quickly as it might otherwise. You may want to take a look at Step-by-Step eMule Setup for help getting eMule set up to run its best.
ecco1983

Phuzzy4242 wrote:
ecco1983 wrote:
You may not t understand how eMule works. Files aren't stored on any server, they're on individual peoples' computers. When someone "reshares", they put the file you asked for back in their PC's shared folder so their eMule client can send it out when other eMule client's ask for it. This is one reason files are available for so long on the eMule network compared to nets like Usenet or Torrents - because you don't have to do anything but put the file on your own hard drive. You don't have to upload it somewhere or create a torrent file, etc.

When you add an ed2k link to your eMule's download queue, you're asking eMule to contact the rest of the network to find the parts of that file. Your eMule client can find those parts by asking the server it connected to if it knows anyone with that file and it can contact other eMule clients directly to see if they know. It's much faster if your eMule client connects directly to other PC's without going through a server but it can only do that if you have "HighID". If you only have "LowID", all transactions have to be mediated by a server and it's much slower.

It sounds like you may have LowID and your eMule client isn't talking to the rest of the net as quickly as it might otherwise. You may want to take a look at Step-by-Step eMule Setup for help getting eMule set up to run its best.
Just checked my emule and it is on High ID. At the time, I was having problems with it and I got it sorted. One of the episodes has nearly downloaded so yeah :-)
poohead

Post by poohead »   0 likes

All the links are dead. Nooooooooooo.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

poohead wrote:All the links are dead. Nooooooooooo.
Lotsa downloadable 'Worst Witch' stufferz on YouTube: :icon_party

The Worst Witch on YouTube

kev.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

It is very confusing. AFAIK there are several series and a film:

TV Series:
The Worst Witch (1998) - Seasons 1, 2 and 3
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0442642/

The New Worst Witch (2005) Seasons 1 and 2
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0442642/

The Worst Witch (2017) - Seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5721172/

Film:
The Worst Witch (1986) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092239/
poohead

Post by poohead »   0 likes

kev wrote:
poohead wrote:All the links are dead. Nooooooooooo.
Lotsa downloadable 'Worst Witch' stufferz on YouTube: :icon_party

The Worst Witch on YouTube

kev.
Not bad but it's all 360p. We can do better than that! :D