[REL] The Shiralee (1957)

Night457
Global Moderator

[REL] The Shiralee (1957)

Post by Night457 »   24 likes

When Jim Macauley finds his wife with another man, he takes their young daughter and they hit the road. With a young child as his responsibility, he finds he can't be quite the fancy-free wanderer that he had been.
The Shiralee (1957)

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

The same story as in [REL]The Shiralee (1988), this earlier UK production stars Peter Finch and was filmed in Australia.
My dvd-rip, in English with NO subtitles.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.13 Gb]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] The Shiralee (1957)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Nice find. Good quality too - someone must have cleaned up the old film. Thanks, Night457.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

That would be Ealing Studios and their owners: many dvds available from amazon.uk, there seem to be at least 14 sets of 4 films each. (Though I imagine most are not necessarily FLM material, just good old British films.) Let me shill for a studio:
Spoiler:

A global byword for cinematic quality of a quintessentially British nature, Ealing Studios made more than 150 films over a three-decade period. A cherished and significant part of British film history, only selected films from both the Ealing and Associated Talking Pictures strands have previously been made available on home-video format - with some remaining unseen since their original theatrical release.

The Ealing Studios Rarities Collection redresses this imbalance. Featuring new transfers from the best available elements, in their correct aspect ratio, this multi-volume collection showcases a range of scarce films from both Basil Dean's and Michael Balcon's tenure as studio head, making them available once more to the general public.
Disclaimer: I have no connection to Ealing Studios or Amazon in any way.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Night457 - CEO Ealing Studios wrote:That would be Ealing Studios and their owners: many dvds available from amazon.uk, there seem to be at least 14 sets of 4 films each. (Though I imagine most are not necessarily FLM material, just good old British films.) Let me shill for a studio:
Spoiler:

A global byword for cinematic quality of a quintessentially British nature, Ealing Studios made more than 150 films over a three-decade period. A cherished and significant part of British film history, only selected films from both the Ealing and Associated Talking Pictures strands have previously been made available on home-video format - with some remaining unseen since their original theatrical release.

The Ealing Studios Rarities Collection redresses this imbalance. Featuring new transfers from the best available elements, in their correct aspect ratio, this multi-volume collection showcases a range of scarce films from both Basil Dean's and Michael Balcon's tenure as studio head, making them available once more to the general public.
Disclaimer: I have no connection to Ealing Studios or Amazon in any way.
Very cool, Night457. :P This is a film that I've had a copy of for years and always ASS-umed it was here. I've been properly assed.. :shock:

As you pointed out; we DO have the Rebecca Smart version which was originally broadcast in the US as [REL]Macauley's Daughter (1988).

Oh; and glad to hear Ealing Studios is still rocking!! Thought they had closed shop years ago! Cheers!! :bigups

:lol:

kev.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Weeell, the dvds I mentioned are from 2013 / 2014, and Ealing Studios has gone through ownership change since then, but they apparently are still making films. Supposedly "Ealing is the oldest continuously working studio facility for film production in the world."